But the whole day felt like House Hunters (for those of you who have seen the show on HGTV). For those who haven't, they have a couple looking to buy a house go look at 3 houses and then they choose one to buy. So, we played our own little House Hunters game, picked our top three, and then very quickly narrowed it down to one...a cute little duplex in Burlingame, just south of San Francisco. I really want this duplex. It is the cutest house with a gorgeous kitchen (with a dishwasher!), a huge basement (I'm thinking play room), and our own brand new washer and dryer! So, we've turned in our application and hopefully it works out. If not, it was still fun to have our own little House Hunters day.
Saturday, February 9, 2008
House Hunters
We had a very successful house hunting day today. It was kind of fun to go look at some different apartments/duplexes/houses...and there were some really different ones. Like the "seperate in-law unit" that was really connected to the main house. We were walking through the apartment and I walked into a bedroom because the door was open. It was supposedly a 2 bedroom apartment and this was the 3rd bedroom I'd seen so I asked about it and the guy told me it was part of their house. Hmm...not sure how comfortable I'd be with that.
But the whole day felt like House Hunters (for those of you who have seen the show on HGTV). For those who haven't, they have a couple looking to buy a house go look at 3 houses and then they choose one to buy. So, we played our own little House Hunters game, picked our top three, and then very quickly narrowed it down to one...a cute little duplex in Burlingame, just south of San Francisco. I really want this duplex. It is the cutest house with a gorgeous kitchen (with a dishwasher!), a huge basement (I'm thinking play room), and our own brand new washer and dryer! So, we've turned in our application and hopefully it works out. If not, it was still fun to have our own little House Hunters day.
But the whole day felt like House Hunters (for those of you who have seen the show on HGTV). For those who haven't, they have a couple looking to buy a house go look at 3 houses and then they choose one to buy. So, we played our own little House Hunters game, picked our top three, and then very quickly narrowed it down to one...a cute little duplex in Burlingame, just south of San Francisco. I really want this duplex. It is the cutest house with a gorgeous kitchen (with a dishwasher!), a huge basement (I'm thinking play room), and our own brand new washer and dryer! So, we've turned in our application and hopefully it works out. If not, it was still fun to have our own little House Hunters day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Super weird--I just left a comment for you on someone elses blog on accident...because I was typing here on your lovely comment box and all of a sudden everything switched to theirs! Weird things are happening in bloggerville...
I am so happy for you! You guys deserve a great place--let us know what happens! SO EXCITING!
Looks like a cute house! It will be awesome to get into your own place. Is the house still near Jon's parents? Good luck with things!!
cute house!! ...wish i had one...Enjoy the house hunting, that's the part I like best!
That is a cute house. Dishwasher would be nice but a washer and dryer!! Wow. I am getting tired of making the small trek to the laundry building (I know it is not far but with a heavy basket of laundry it is longer than I care for it to be). That is also nice that you would have a play room.
It looks great! Steve and I went for 4 years without a dishwasher when we lived in the Bay Area so, as inconvenient as it can be, it is most definitely something that can be survived :) So, I'm not sure if I missed this detail somewhere, but are you buying or renting?
Yes, we are renting...probably for a long time. We will be about an hour from Jon's parents, but only 20 minutes from Jon's work! And after we move he'll be able to take public transportation so I can have a car again!
That's wonderful! I hope you get it! It sounds like the perfect house for you guys. And 20 minutes from work! Not bad! I've learned location is everything. Of course nice perks like a washer and dryer and dishwasher really help. I LOVE our basement (playroom) too. It's so nice to let Benjamin make messes down there and not worry about keeping it clean all the time. So is there a little yard out back? I guess you'd probably share it if it's a duplex, but any yard at all is fun for a toddler!
I'll be excited to hear what happens!
Post a Comment