Thursday, February 28, 2008

A Good Morning

Yesterday was SUCH a rough day. Emma was extra grouchy...practicing the terrible twos or something...and I had four extra kids all afternoon who had way too much energy stored up after being in school all day. I guess you can't blame them. So after fighting all day, dealing with a prank 911 call and the cops, and just feeling very inadequate I was done. I dreaded getting up this morning, but it really has been one of the best mornings I have had in a long time. I actually slept for 6 straight hours, which is probably more than I get most nights. I ended up getting up at 6, right after Jon left for work. I took a nice long shower, ate breakfast, read my scriptures, and got to do all the blogging I wanted. It has been such a nice, peaceful morning. I know it's only 7 now and things could change, but it makes such a difference for me to be able to start my day off on a good note. We have a music/singing time group for Emma this morning and a couple small errands to run this afternoon. I'm not babysitting today and the weather is beautiful so I know we can spend some time outside. It's going to be a good day.

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Sorry yours was like mine! Doesn't a change in attitude make all the difference?! I'm determined not to repeat yesterday, like you. Enjoy the outdoors!!

Stephanie said...

What a rough day! I hope today goes better for you.

Rachel Holloway said...

Sarah--you had all the blog time you wanted and you only left me ONE comment?!?! KIDDING!! I hope today goes better--those rough days are enough to take such a toll on you, and I completely hear ya sister!

Will be thinking of you--it must be rough having the extra kids--you are an amazing mom and I hope you don't count one rough day against your amazing qualities! GOOD LUCK!@

Paul said...

Wow, that does sound like a really rough day. I think you're brave for babysitting that many kids with one of your own! I understand those days when the terrible twos seem to be getting a head-start. Luckily, it's not everyday, but Benjamin is much more volatile now than he used to be.
I'm glad today is going so much better! Keep smiling!

Karen said...

"There must be opposition in all things" isn't today a wonderful change! Good thing you have that to look forward to.

Grandma Danes said...

A real bad day now and then makes us really appreciate the good ones. I count it a really good day when I can have time for reading and the weather for walking. You're great! Hang in there.