We just found out this morning that we got the duplex that we wanted! I am so excited. We are going to move March 1...2 more weeks. I've got to seriously get busy scouring craigslist and freecycle for furniture and other household things since we sold most of our stuff before coming here...it was all college apartment furniture and not worth hauling and storing. :)
I'm excited to have our own place again. I'm excited to pay our overpriced California rent (although it is less than what we thought we would have to pay). I'm excited to get to live in a place where nobody is above or below us, though we'll still share a kitchen and bedroom wall. It's a good feeling to be back on our feet and starting our lives in the real world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!! I am SO happy for you!I hope you guys get some stellar finds on Craigslist and freecycle! YEAH FOR MOVING!
Yeah! I'm so glad that you guys got your first-choice place! Good luck on finding your furnishings :)
YAY! That's wonderful! I'm glad to hear you got the one you wanted! I hope you find nice cheap stuff on Craigs List to fill it with! Amen about no neighbors upstairs or down. That is something to be excited about!
Side note...glad to see you're able to post comments again!
Good for you!! That's exciting. I know how great it feels to finally be on your own after living with family for a while, even when that means you have to pay rent again. :) Yay!
Hooray! I'm so glad you got your place. It's so nice to be your own family again and let your hair down...so to speak. Have fun...don't forget to "Craigslist" for your furnishings.
That's so exciting that you got the duplex you wanted! Is the picture of the gray house the one? Very cute. I couln't see where another house was attached. We're so happy for you.
It was great to talk with you today. I am really glad you got the house. I hope we can come visit soon. Abby and I are going to Rachel's during Abby's spring break. (For Rachel's birthday) and we will watch the kids while Rachel and BRandon go on an overnight stay somewhere. I will keep looking for tickets to go see you.
Love Mom
YAY! The picture you posted is a cute little house. I could so see you guys in it. I am so glad you got it! I love moving and trying to figure out where everything is going to go. Enjoy!
Hoo-rah!! Congratulations on the house, that is so cool. It's good to have your own space, but I hate the moving part...never did learn to like searching through boxes to find that one item I lost...
I'm slow getting stuff read but am happy that you have a place and get to set up housekeeping for yourselves. Good luck!
We share a kitchen and a bathroom wall with our neighbors, and the people that live downstairs ... poor souls that have to listen to us vacuum and play the piano. I'm glad that you guys will be moving into something that will accommodate your growing family!
Post a Comment