Sunday, March 25, 2012

A Miracle

A month and a half ago, I lost my wedding ring at Chuck E Cheese. It flew into the Skeeball machine when I threw a ball, and after countless hours of searching for it and taking the machines apart, they couldn't find it. After a couple of days, Jon and I gave up hope of ever finding it and started making plans to get a new one someday.

Emma and Matthew were convinced though that because we prayed and asked Heavenly Father to find it, that we would find it. Every few days Emma would talk about it and often she reminded me that we would find it because we had prayed. After all, Heavenly Father helped us find the keys when we lost them, so he could find the ring too. Jon and I, not wanting to crush her faith, were trying to explain that sometimes Heavenly Father doesn't answer our prayers how we want because He has a different and better purpose or answer.

So, needless to say, when I got a call from a Chuck E Cheese employee this week, I was in shock. THEY FOUND MY WEDDING RING!!! After almost 6 weeks and completely disassembling the machines twice, they found my ring, just laying on the floor under the machine. I raced there as fast as I could, so I could get it before it got lost again.

This all happened 4 days ago, and I am still in shock. And I am in awe. I have learned a lot about having child-like faith. It was so easy to look at the facts and the amount of time that had passed and say that there was absolutely no way we were ever getting that ring back. But to our little children, none of that mattered. They really believed that Heavenly Father could do anything. And He can.

I was also humbled and touched that throughout this whole experience Emma and Matthew turned to prayer so often. They prayed that we would find it when it was first lost. They prayed throughout the 6 weeks that it was lost that we would find it. And when I told Emma that they had finally found the ring, she folded her arms right then and thanked Heavenly Father for helping us find it. What a sweet example!

I am grateful for this miracle....the miracle of them finding the ring, the miracle that the employee turned it in, and the miracle that they actually kept my name and phone number and called me. I know that Heavenly Father is aware of us and He does hear our prayers...even the ones about lost wedding rings and keys.

2 comments:

Larsen's said...

Gives me chills (in a good way!)...Heavenly Father really helped you out - I love this! :)

Rachel Holloway said...

I am just SO happy it was found. You should have Emma submit the story to the friend magazine. It is a perfect example of faith and prayer...and I am so glad you could share it!