Tuesday, March 13, 2012

We're Stuck An Hour Behind

I really really hate daylight savings time changes! If we could get away with just not changing our clocks, I totally would. And if I thought I could stand to live in Arizona (and if there was any chance Jon could get a job there) it would be tempting to move there just to get rid of the time changes. UGH!

Our week so far has looked a little like this:

Ellie has no idea when to go to bed anymore. So, she's ended up staying up 1-2 hours late, waking up all hours of the night, and then getting up for the day between 5 and 6 am. Blah...

Because she is up all night, she then has no idea when to take her naps, and her sleep has been way out of whack during the day too. Basically, she's exhausted, I'm exhausted, Jon's exhausted.

I have had to wake Emma up at 7:40 (she usually gets up at 7) to leave for school at 8...obviously this leaves us rushing like crazy!

Matthew stumbles out of bed around 8, right as we're walking out the door to get Emma to school.

And Jon, who usually gets up at 6:30, has been sleeping till 7:15, when I wake up and realize that he's still in bed.

It's been all sorts of good fun. It's okay though, I'm sure we'll have it all figured out by the time we change the clocks back in a few months...

1 comment:

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Arizona rocks!! The lack of daylight savings is literally my favorite thing about that place! (Well, that and my two siblings who live there. :) But truly, this AZ girl despises daylight savings!

Hope things even out for you guys in a hurry!!