We signed all 3 kids up to participate in psychology studies at Stanford. I think it's a fun little thing to do and a great way to help. And I also happen to find psychology fascinating and love hearing about the studies they're doing and then later hearing the results of the studies. So, luckily my kids go along with it...and actually have a great time.
Ellie was recently asked to participate in a study where they were trying to see how/if the brain reacted differently when looking at a human face as opposed to a jumbled up picture ( I think that was the general idea).
They had her wear this cap thing with nodes all over it and then watch a screen with alternating pictures of faces and jumbled pictures. Easy peasy. I thought she would fight wearing the cap, but she didn't care at all! Matthew got spoiled with toys in the waiting room, Ellie got some cute little puppets to take home, and we got $40 and these cute pictures. Not bad at all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The one where she is sticking out her tongue is hilarious! And you look like you're really enjoying it too!
Post a Comment