Friday, March 2, 2012

Simple Pleasures

I love the days when we are able to enjoy the truly simple things. Things like pajama day at school. I loved watching Emma's pure joy as she got ready for bed last night and exclaimed, "Now I'm all ready for school tomorrow!" And again when she woke up this morning and, acting like she knew some big secret, told me that she was all ready to go. She has been begging me forever to get her footie pajamas and insisted that THESE were the only ones that would do for today.


While Emma was off pajama-partying at school, the younger kids and I enjoyed our own simple pleasures...despite the fact that Ellie was up most of the night because of another nasty rash on her face. Matthew and I snacked on some cookie dough and colored pictures while Ellie napped. When she woke up we enjoyed some yogurt and blueberries...mmm...Then we had a little impromptu photo shoot with our new resident photographer, Matthew. These are all courtesy of his mad skills, and he was VERY proud of himself.  :)  


One of Ellie's all time favorite things to do is to hang upside down. She was giggling like crazy, which made Matthew giggle, and then I couldn't help but join in. Such a fun morning!





 I'm grateful for these rare mornings, when we have nowhere to go and nothing to do, except cuddle and giggle and eat cookie dough at 9 in the morning.  :)

4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

You had me at cookie dough. We have a batch baking now as we speak. :)

What a wonderful, fun morning! SO GLAD when they happen...and it's fun to see pics of YOU!

Unknown said...

You look great and so happy! It really is all about the simple pleasures, huh? Ellie is getting so big! I love those thigh rolls. :)

Unknown said...

You look great and so happy! It really is all about the simple pleasures, huh? Ellie is getting so big! I love those thigh rolls. :)

Caroline said...

Matthew's a great photographer! Love the pics!