Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Impromptu Performance

Emma loves to sing. Her favorite song is the Primary song "Love is Spoken Here", but she calls it Mother Leeling (because the first line is I see my mother kneeling...). By request, we sing this song every night at bedtime.

SO, on Sunday Emma was in Primary. Some of the kids went up to give talks and say the prayer and she followed them right up. The person in charge asked her what she was doing and she told them she was going to sing "Mother Leeling". Of course none of them knew what she was talking about, so they sat back and let her have the stage. She confidently walked up and sang the entire song in front of the whole primary. Meanwhile, we had NO IDEA any of this was happening.

After church a couple people came up to me and commented on how cute Emma was in Primary and how she is such a good little singer. I thought they were referring to her singing during singing time. So I smiled, said thank you, and went on my way. Then at the park today a friend commented again on her singing in Primary. At this point I'm thinking how strange it is that everyone is commenting on her singing. She's been in Primary for 8 months now! Then she went on and explained the whole story. I got a good laugh out of it.

I also felt really proud right then. I'm proud of her for getting up there and singing. I don't think I would ever have the guts to do that. I love that she loves Primary and always wants to participate. I am so glad that she loves going to church and learning..and singing :) . She is such a good example to me and I love her for that.

2 comments:

Larsen's said...

How brave she is!!! I think it is funny that you didn't know what happened until later...

Rachel Holloway said...

That is SO impressive! What I would have given to be a fly on the wall! :)

So brave! :)