HIS

One up side to Jon having to work so much overtime lately is that it gives us some extra money to play with. We decided to get bikes and a trailer since we knew we would use them a lot and it's something we've wanted to get for a long time. Labeling the bikes as our second car made it easier to justify spending the money too. :)
So, Jon upgraded his 10+ year old mountain bike with a much nicer and newer version. Every time I see it I think of the line from Napoleon Dynamite (read with a Napoleon voice) "Shocks...pegs...Lucky!" So, it's a sweet bike and he got an awesome deal on it.
Next we happened upon a bike trailer on clearance at Target. It was cheaper than any of the used ones we had been looking at on Craigslist so we grabbed it. Matthew was TERRIFIED the first time he rode in it, but both kids love it now. And I love the freedom it gives us.
Then I started looking at a bike for me. I found one at a bike store, a comfort hybrid, that I loved. It had the wide comfy seat and higher handlebars, so I don't kill my back. It was more than I wanted to spend so I started looking around online. Then I went to Target and just happened to pass the bikes and there was the exact bike I had been looking at. The floor model was the only one left so I asked if they would give me a discount, which they did. With the discount it was much cheaper than anywhere else so I grabbed it.
We love our little bike set up!


2 comments:
love your new setup, and it sounds like you got everyone at a great price! LUCKY GIRL!!! I would love a bike, but at this point we would BOTH need bike trailers to take everyone with us. :) bum deal.
Looks so fun--JEALOUS!!!
Looks like fun! Glad you found some great bikes and gear.
Post a Comment