Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Beatin' the Heat

It was HOT today. Like over 100 degrees HOT. After a summer filled with 60 and 70 degree days, we're wondering where this came from...and I'm kind of hoping it leaves soon. Just give me some perfect 80 degree with a slight breeze weather and I'll be happy.

So, we started off the day by going to the park with some friends. At 10 in the morning it was so hot that the kids were begging to leave, so I knew we needed to get out of the heat and find a nice air conditioned place to hang out.

We had gotten some discount tickets to this fun little indoor gym type place and headed there with a friend after lunch. It was great! The kids bounced and swung and jumped and spun for 2 hours.



The balloon pit...so fun. The best part was the super cold fan they had in there to blow the balloons around. :)


This picture cracks me up!


We took a little break from the jumpy place and wandered around Target for a little bit. I happened to find a slip n slide on clearance for $5 so I grabbed it. We put it to good use as soon as we got home and boy did that water feel good!

5 comments:

K said...

You took some awesome pics today! Thanks again for letting us "chill" with you guys. I already know it's going to be a long night since it's still 86 degrees in our house and not cooling down at all. Yuck! Thank goodness it's supposed to be a little cooler tomorrow!

Rachel Holloway said...

so fun! It's been a super hot summer here too--yuck!
And ya know, we have a slip and slide I bought last year on clearance that we have YET to get out--but I think we might now! :)

Larsen's said...

Glad you were able to beat the heat in a fun way!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

That little bounce house looks like so much fun! Where is it?

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Holy COOL play place! I wanna go jump with balloons too!
:)

I added you to my bookmarks, so I can start stalking you as well. ;)