Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Weigh in Week 12

This was a bummer of a week. At the same time, I'm not surprised by the numbers. I actually did really good the first half of the week. I stayed on track and was down about 1/2 a pound. Then we went camping. And camping means lots of food- mostly snack food. And we can't forget the s'mores. Because you just can't go camping and not eat s'mores. So, I splurged a lot this weekend and now I'm paying for it. I did try to balance my eating with some exercise. I went on a couple bike rides and a couple of hikes while we were there.

I'm trying not to be too hard on myself this week. I have done really good for the last 12 weeks. I have made lifestyle changes that I never thought I would be able to make. I need to remember that life happens and it's okay to splurge every once in awhile...as long as it's just that- a splurge. I actually see it as a huge success to be able to splurge majorly, and then to go back to a healthier lifestyle. I don't know if this is making any sense...but to me it means that I don't NEED sweets like I used to. I can eat them and enjoy them occasionally, but then I can move on. And that's a good thing.

So, the numbers this week-

This week's gain(ugh!)- .4 lbs
Total loss- 20.8 lbs

4.2 lbs to go! (And it won't be by next week like I had hoped...)

3 comments:

Larsen's said...

Oh, it is very hard to resist S'mores. I amd very proud of you, and we wouldn't be human if we didn't mess up once in awhile! :) I am cheering you on!!!

Erica Layne | Let Why Lead said...

Hi Sarah! This is my first time vising your blog - I found it through your comment on Kristina's. Anyway, I'm excited to get to know you better this way! Our family blog is ryan-erica.blogspot.com

SO, I was just thinking today how thin you look - I should have said something. You look great! You go girl!

Melinda said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself AND that you're wise enough not to totally beat yourself up over it. Woohoo for all your progress and your splurge!