Friday, June 4, 2010

Painting Rocks and Playing in Water

The rain has finally ended and the sun has made an appearance. We really enjoyed getting outside this week.

Yesterday we went walking in the morning and found some good rocks to paint. In the afternoon I let the kids go at it, and they did. They started painting rocks

and then painted the sidewalk, the newspapers, and themselves

Emma even painted her toenails...and her feet and legs
But they had a blast doing it and clean up was easy....I just sprayed them down with the hose.

Today Emma was cutting something...so of course Matthew had to also. He is actually pretty good at it and he knows to only cut the paper. His method was funny though. He would make one little cut and then tear the paper the rest of the way. When he finished he would look up and yell, "I cut it Mommy!".

This afternoon it was HOT. I took our trampoline outside and made a makeshift sprinkler under it. The kids loved it, but Emma kept telling me that we needed to get a bigger trampoline like Grandma has.


2 comments:

Melinda said...

Mmmmm, paint. Something my kids have yet to be introduced to. I like the idea of doing it outside and just hosing them down, though. We are LOVING hot weather here (though I'll probably be sick of it by mid-July) and the kids look forward to any time they get to drag the pool and hose out!

Michelle said...

I love spraying the kids off with the hose! My mom used to do that to us and then we had to run around outside until we dried off. In florida, that didn't take long.

Looks like the kids had a blast painting!