Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Boise Fun

From Idaho Falls, we headed to Boise for a couple reunions with Jon's family and extended family. Our first stop was Hagerman, ID to tour the fish hatchery and go fishing. It was a fun little stop, but it was HOT and late in the afternoon so we didn't stay long. Jon got Emma a fishing pole for her birthday so she was really excited to get to try it out.


We stayed with my Grandma Hiatt. It was so good to visit with her. The kids had a great time playing with new toys and blowing bubbles.

Grandma gave them a ride on her cart. This was one of my favorite things to do when I visited her as a kid.

Emma and I got our middle name from Grandma Lorraine.

Our weekend in Boise was spent mostly with Jon's extended family at his grandparents reunion. We spent a lot of time playing and visiting outside.

Grandma Niblett does a fishpond every year for the younger grandkids where they get to go fishing for a prize-usually a toy of some kind.




We also went to visit Granny, one of Jon's THREE great-grandma's who are still living.

5 generations- Granny, Grandpa Niblett, Debbie, Jon, and the kids

We also spent one morning with my Grandma and Grandpa Danes (and I'm kicking myself now for not getting any pictures with them). It was so good to see them again.

All in all, a fun weekend!

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

So much fun! I really wish I'd of had it in me to get over there, but I was just too worn out! Glad Emma's fishing pole worked out--she sure looks cute with it! :)

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

How nice...you were in Boise and didn't bother to let us know...sniff...sniff..I am saddened.;)