We had an unexpected 3 day weekend this week. Jon wasn't feeling too great Friday so he stayed home. It was so nice to have him home and be able to get stuff done. I finally got our oil changed and was able to run a couple other little errands without the kids. He was feeling better by the afternoon so we grabbed some picnic dinner foods and went to the park. The weather was perfect and the park was so pretty. It goes right up to the bay and the water is gorgeous. It was such a fun night.
Saturday we took the kids to the family/friends screening of Madagascar 2. We all had fun, and Emma loved that she got popcorn and soda. She is still talking about it.
Saturday night we went to our ward Halloween party. Lots of sweets and treats and fun games. Emma was happy and looked adorable, but hot, in her ladybug costume. They had the party in the gym and it was so hot in there, we ended up taking Matthew's costume off. But he looked cute in it. I'm hoping it cools down a little on Halloween.
We went to church yesterday morning and within the first hour Matthew threw up all down the front of me and then had a blowout. We didn't have any extra clothes so I decided to take him home so we could both get cleaned up, and then I was going to go back and get Jon and Emma. So, we made it home, got changed, and then I left the house. As I shut the door I realized I had just locked my keys in the house. I tried for awhile to break into our house but I couldn't. I called Jon to let him know and he found someone to bring his keys to me so I could go get him.
This isn't the first time I've locked myself out of the house, so you would think I would have learned my lesson. Obviously not. So, tomorrow I'm going to get copies of our house and car key made and put them where I can get them next time I lock us out.
We made lots of Halloween decorations and treats. It feels so fun and festive here now. I love it.
We got this idea from my sister, Rachel, a couple years ago and it has become tradition. I think they are so cute.
Emma really was happy, she was just annoyed that I made her pose for a picture before she could eat it.
We each drew and colored pictures to hang on the wall. Jon is our resident artist and should have just done them all, although Emma's were really cute.
3 comments:
Emma was such a cute little ladybug! And I love those little pumpkins. They look yummy and cute. :-)
What did you use for the leaves on the rice krispy pumpkins? Are those lime flavored tootsie rolls? That's such a cute idea!
Hey, popcorn and soda are worth talking about! :-)I love unexpected time with Mark. And that ladybug costume is adorable!
Post a Comment