I was walking downtown yesterday with the kids, doing a little window shopping on our way to the library. I was thinking how crazy it was that it was the last day of September and that Halloween was coming up so fast. I realized how excited I am for Halloween this year because Emma is finally old enough that she can enjoy it (at least I hope she will). So, as I was thinking about Halloween and how cute the kids are going to be in their little bug costumes, I looked up and there was a big CHRISTMAS tree in one of the store windows! Then I looked across the street at a children's clothing store and they were all decked out for Christmas too. Do I just have my months all wrong??? Did October and November fly by so fast that I just missed them? Seriously, Christmas trees in September???
On a completely random note, I got the WORST haircut of my night last night. One of those where you're sitting in the chair bawling because it's so bad. Note to self: never let someone who can't speak English cut your hair, even if you show them a picture of what you want. (Not that I really had a choice...she was the stylist available when I went in) My hair was just below my shoulders so I told her to cut an inch and add some layers and showed her a picture of it. She cut it right below my ears. Another stylist came and finished the cut and tried to salvage what is left of my hair. Crossing my fingers that my hair grows out really really fast.
Happy October everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh no! I'm so sorry about the haircut. I have had one of those before, and it's horrible. It's like slow motion as they are snipping. I hope it grows out fast.
Sorry about the haircut! That sounds traumatizing. I hope it grows quickly.
I know what you mean about the commercialized holidays not exactly matching the seasons - somehow Halloween and Thanksgiving get skipped over around this time of year because of all the Christmas hype. And here I've been thinking all of September that it was weird that they already had the Halloween stuff up all month.
I really am so sorry it turned out so bad. I bet it isn't as bad as you probably feel right now...post a pic! I can't wait to see it!
I think we all need at least one bad hair cut story. I've got mine, and I'm glad (and sorry) to hear that you've got yours. For as much as we hate it while we're going through it, it's fun to think back and be glad that hair does grow back as fast as it does and that we don't have some disease that makes all our hair fall out instead. I'll take the bad hair cut over that any day.
Hey, one time I got my hair cut right before the mall closed (one of those places). I had my glasses off so I couldn't see what she was doing at all. I didn't realize until the next morning that she had really butchered my hair. It was almost as short as Andy's! I went back and they refunded my money, but alas, there was nothing to do but wait..... I like how you posted all the positive things about your haircut - I think it's cute! Looks a lot like the haircut Caitlin got right before she left.
Post a Comment