Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Emma

I was listening to Emma play last night while I was doing something and it just hit me how much I'm going to miss having her this age. She has really gotten into the imaginative play lately. Her dolls and cars and other toys are always having conversations and doing different things together. It is so cute to hear her squeaky little voice playing out these different stories. And someday I'm really going to miss it. I'm going to miss her cute innocence, her little voice, the way she laughs, and her sweet prayers. I may even miss the way she pinches Matthew and colors on everything with blue crayon and her dramatic fake cry when she wants candy for breakfast and doesn't get it.

But really, she is such a sweet, funny girl. And she gets funnier every day. And I just realized that this is the first time that I've sat back and realized how much I'm going to miss having Emma at a certain stage. I love watching her learn and I love how the simplest things are so entertaining to her. I love how she's so eager to help and to please and how she is genuinely excited when Jon gets home.

I am excited for her to keep learning and growing and I know that life will always be fun with Emma. I just hope I can make the most out of our time now and be the best mom I can be. I love my Emma!

Here are just a few of the things that Emma loves...

Going outside and wearing this pink hat (it's size 6-9 months and getting tight but she won't wear anything else). Oh, and she loves pushing strollers.
She loves movies, maybe a little too much. And you can't have a movie without a bowl of popcorn and some footie pajamas. This is her idea of a good night. :)

Baths with Matthew in the duckie bath with every bath toy we own. It's a tight squeeze but they make it work.

Have I mentioned being outside??? She loves it. And she loves climbing up the slides at the park.

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

It's true...each stage has those moments you will totally miss. And you will feel it again and again.

Emma is such a special little girl! I wish we were closer...

Stephanie said...

She's so sweet! Zaylee was like that with hats for a while - she always wanted the one that was just too small!

Shayla said...

I can't believe how big she's getting!

Kathy Whittle said...

I love your new blog background. Emma is such a doll! I feel all the sentiments you feel, with my Emily. They grow so quickly, try to enjoy every moment.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! what an adorable picture of her watching her movie in bed with popcorn.

You'll love every stage, I'm sure. Even the teenage stage will be amazing because you get to watch her make all of these choices and...hopefully make the right ones and comfort her when she doesn't. It'll be great. What a fun mom you are.

I LOVE the bathtub! How adorable!