Emma in one of her many forts.
The highlight of our week...we got a new sewing machine! Jon got a gift certificate from work for working on Labor Day. We got to choose where to use it and had a hard time choosing. We were debating between going practical or splurging. After much debate we decided on a practical splurge and got the sewing machine. Neither of us sew (yet) but we are excited to learn. It took us almost an hour to thread the bobbin and the machine so at the rate we're going it might be a while before you see any of our creations on here. :)
Emma took the lids off of some glitter glue pens and put them on her fingers. She thought it was hilarious.
Emma was sick last Wednesday. It was just a little 24 hour bug, but it was nasty. She slept most of the day(which I admit was nice) but I was glad she was feeling better the next day. I ended up getting the bug Saturday while we were at Jon's parents house for general conference. I couldn't sit or stand up without throwing up so I ended up sleeping most of the day. While I don't enjoy being sick, it was nice to get some much needed sleep and they took great care of the kids.
This is Emma sleeping when she was sick. Poor, tired girl! She actually started on the couch and slowly slid down.
I think Matthew is teething, which makes life fun. Hopefully we see some teeth soon...
We just found out that Jon gets a whole week of paid vacation the week of Christmas! So, that was a nice little bonus. If only we had a bunch of extra money to actually go somewhere. Oh well, we will definitely enjoy our time with him and will hopefully be able to do lots of things around here.
Anyway, that's about it for now. I'm off to bed!
6 comments:
Wow!! Lots to report on. First of all, I'm glad you girls are feeling better. Being sick has to be the worst thing ever. Really makes you appreciate your health! And that is SO exciting you guys got a new sewing machine. Okay, I am totally impressed Jon actually wants to learn to sew! Joe won't get close to my machine. Well, unless it's to show me how to do something cool, like having the machine sew on the button...yes, the button, not just the button hole! But I think he does that just to show off. Anyway...way fun! Can't wait to see your creations!!
How exciting about your new sewing machine! I think it's such a nice thing to have around, even if you aren't super proficient.
I'm sorry you had the flu going around your house! I'm glad it was the 24 hour kind and htat you got some good rest out of it. That picture of Emma on the couch is sad, but also really cute!
The easiest way to learn is by doing! Hint- pillows are about the easiest things to try first, and kids love to throw them around... :-) I love when kids fall asleep halfway on stuff, I always have to take a picture, to embarass them when they are older.
How fun to get a bonus like that! That's cool that Jon is up for learning to sew too. I love the picture of Matthew in the hooded towel - so cute! We hope the beautiful California weather holds out for us - we're excited to go see Nicia & Joe next week. Wish you lived a little closer, we'd come see you too!
New sewing machine - cool! I have one, but it's old and I never use it. Hmm, need to get that out and actually do something with it sometime...
That is so exciting about your sewing machine. I am glad you already got to use it. Yeah. I love Emma's little fort. Nathan loves to make forts, although we haven't done it in a while. I am missing the warm. It has already snowed here. Bundle up it's winter time.
Post a Comment