Monday, October 20, 2008

Just Another Week

Miracle of all miracles...both kids are sleeping at the same time. Woohoo!!!

This last week went pretty fast and we stayed pretty busy. But I didn't get any pictures. Well, I should say I didn't get any good pictures. We took a whopping 2 pictures of Emma. One looks like she's picking her nose and the other looks like she's putting her hand down her pants. So, no pictures today.

Monday we went with some friends to a pumpkin patch. We had been excited to go there, but really it was just okay. We rode a little train and Emma got to pet some goats, but after that everybody was ready to go. It was really crowded and really hot, so we grabbed a couple little pumpkins and called it a day. There are tons of pumpkin patches out here, so we are going to try and go back another day.

Tuesday I was able to go to the temple in the morning. A bunch of girls in my ward go to the temple once a month to do initiatories. There is a stake center on the temple grounds, so half of us babysit while the other half go to the temple and then we switch. It works out really well and is a lot of fun.

Wednesday Jon volunteered to watch the kids in the evening so I could go shopping. We had the Madagascar 2 premier party on Saturday and I needed something nice to wear to it. I really don't enjoy shopping but after 2 hours at Sears, I was loving it. Seriously, I haven't been to that store in years and now I feel like I've been missing out all this time. They have great stuff and tons of really cheap clearance. So, I ended up getting my dress on clearance for $10. And a skirt for $3. And a really cute shirt for $5. And some jeans that fit perfectly for $17. It is so fun to go shopping when you find stuff that fits, looks cute, and is inexpensive. So, it was a good night.

Thursday I went with the kids to a cooking group with some other girls in my ward. There were lots of people, lots of fun toys for the kids, lots of good food...all around a great time.

Friday we met up with a couple friends at the park and then went and had lunch with Jon. We love Fridays, love that we are able to go spend time with him, and love the free food. :)

Saturday was our big party day. We cleaned the house (well, Jon cleaned the house...thanks Jon!) and then we went out to his parents house. They were kind enough to watch the kids for us so we could go to the Madagascar 2 party. We hung out there for awhile and then went to the party. We watched Madagascar 2 first. It was cute. If you liked the first one, you will probably love the 2nd. Jon was pointing out all the stuff that he did while we watched. I really am so impressed. There are so many tiny little details and so much work involved. He is so talented. And it's so cool to see his name in the credits. After the movie we headed over to the party. It was on the top floor of a mall in San Francisco...not sure if that makes any sense. The view of the city was beautiful. The rest of the party was okay. Some good food, lots of drinking, really loud music, and lots of people. So we went, got our food, talked to a couple people that Jon knew, and left before everybody got really drunk. I'm pretty sure we were the first ones out of there. :)

So, all in all it was a good week. Nothing really dramatic or exciting, but sometimes I like it that way. We are getting excited for Halloween...I can't wait for the kids' costumes to come! And I'm especially excited for the elections to be over. It all feels so contentious to me. The debating, arguing, and finger pointing have all gotten really old. Anyone else feel that way??? So, I've got my vote by mail ballot (I love that we can vote by mail) and am getting it sent off tomorrow.
I am curious to see how it all turns out.

Well, this has gotten really long. Hopefully I'll have a more exciting post next time. :)

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds like a blast! And there's nothing better than finding great stuff that fits, on clearance. :-)

Your page looks great, I love the colors.

Stephanie said...

Yay for finding cute clothes that don't cost a lot!

I put off registering to vote, and just realized that I can't. I have to have proof of residency, but everything is in Jeff's name. I have no way to prove that I live here, and so I can't register and can't vote. I feel awful about it. But I too will be glad when all the election stuff is over.

Nicia said...

Sounded like a good week! I agree...I can't wait for the election to be over. It has gotten really old.

Mike Hiatt said...

I love your description of Emma as she grows and as she is at this stage. It so makes me want to be there. Do enjoy your journey because you can't get it back.
I must tell you a secret. I view you right now with the same wonder that you view Emma. I can't believe what a wonderful mom and person you are. I am so proud of you and your little family. Yes, I still see you with the same wonder and love I experienced with you when you were a babe in my arms.
I can't wait to see the movie. I am so very proud of John also.
I am thrilled that the elections are coming to an end where I must so my civic duty by voting for the lesser of two evils.
I love you. Dad

Esther said...

Sounds like you are pretty involved with your ward there. That is great. They do a lot of stuff together. I can't wait to come and have it actually be warm. Oh, what it is like. It has already snowed here.

Kathy Whittle said...

Sounds like a great week to me! I don't usually like shopping for clothes for myself either - glad you were able to find such great deals. And we're definitely going to go see Madagascar 2 with Emily!