Here are just a few random things from the last couple weeks. None of them really merit their own post, they are just things that I was excited about.
-First, we got Emma off the binky. This was actually several weeks ago, right before her birthday. And it was very unintentional. We were on our way to Jon's parents house for the weekend when Emma chewed through the only binky we had with us. We were not about to go buy more, so we made her do without. She was so distracted with aunts and grandparents, and so tired that it was no big deal. I was SO excited.
-Dreamworks is giving employees free train passes! We were SO excited about this because it will save us about $80 a month in gas. It will mean that Jon gets home later but it also means that I will have a car more, which will be nice.
-My sister, Rachel, is coming this week. Her husband is watching the kids so she can come have some girl time. Thank you Brandon! And thank you Rachel for coming. I am so excited to see you.
-The Children's Place is having a huge sale right now. The kids have been needing some things so I went and got 3 pairs of shoes, two outfits, three shirts, a dress, and a swimsuit for $30. I love getting good deals!
And the not so exciting highlights of our week.
-Emma has started banging her head on the floor when she is mad. Not just a little bang either. She throws herself onto the hardwood floor really hard...over and over (all the while yelling "I love it" really loud). Is this normal??? Are the terrible twos really supposed to be this terrible??? I'm worried she's going to give herself a concussion or something. She is usually a very happy, cheerful girl so this is totally new to me.
-Jon is required to work overtime until they are finished with the movie. This means he either puts in 12 hour days, plus an hour of commuting, or he goes in on Saturdays. So basically he is gone A LOT. We miss him! The upside is that it's only until September.
Well, that's about it for now. I'm looking forward to this weekend and to having Rachel come. Fun times!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Can't wait!!! And I especially can't wait to see Emma in action! :) That is too funny...and not so funny at the same time.
Only a few more days!
Good updates! That's great about the binky! It's funny how sometimes a dreaded event can happen so naturally and painlessly.
Yeah, so sorry about Jon being gone more and about the head banging! Benjamin used to head bang more, he still does a little. I asked a doctor about it, and it's usually nothing to worry about. They never go beyond their own pain threshold, so it doesn't do any real damage. But it is really hard to watch! A good suggestion that I got is to find other rhythmical outlets like marching, dancing or banging a drum. Somehow this helped!
Yay for Emma getting off the binky! It's so freeing to not have to have it. I'm already excited for when we reach that point with Thomas.
Yes, it's totally normal. Both my older boys did it while throwing a hissy fit. Then they eventually figured out that Mommy was not going to give in to the fit, and that they were just hurting their heads, and they quit.
Now William has started, bangs his head and then cries even louder because he hurt his head. It's actually funny although we don't laugh. Or he "limp noodles", where you hold his hand to walk him away from something and he goes totally limp or raises his feet so you are just holding his arm. We let go and he drops a couple inches to the ground, which he doesn't like. Then we pick him up and carry him sideways across our hip so he can't throw himself around very well and cart him off anyway.
They do grow out of it, and yes, the terrible twos are called that for a reason. She'll knock it off eventually if you ignore it and not fuss over her bonking her head. Good luck!
That's great about the binky by the way. :-)
That's great news about the binky! I wish there was a way we could just "lose" Emily's thumb! :)
Way to go for sales! That is exciting. And Rachel coming, Emma's binky. Hurray. I have seen many kids bang their heads on the floor. A lot of my students did it when they got frustrated or angry and couldn't express what they wanted to say. A lot of times they grow out of it and learn alternative ways of dealing with it.
I just saw the commercial for Matagascar 2 tonight watching the Olympics. It looks good. Maybe I should try Emma's approach to enjoying something. After that anything starts looking good.
Post a Comment