Thursday, July 3, 2008

Birthday Fun!

Yesterday was such a fun day! It was a full, busy day but we had a blast. It really was one of the best days we've had as a family in a long time.

Emma's birthday just happened to be the free day at the San Francisco Zoo so Jon took work off and we headed up there in the morning. We saw quite a few animals, but the highlights for Emma were all the non-animal things. :) They had a steam engine train that you could ride around the zoo. We went ahead and rode it which was fun, but really I think Emma enjoyed watching it from the ground more than actually riding it. They also had a big playground in the middle of the zoo that she played on for awhile while we had lunch. Another favorite part was the petting zoo. She thought the goats were so funny and had a blast feeding them. We were all worn out by the time we left. Emma fell asleep before we even got out of the parking lot and the rest of us took naps when we got home.

After dinner we had her little party. We gave her a tricycle and a puzzle. She was SO excited about the bike. She has been riding it all over the house since she got it. She even rode it into my room this morning to wake me up. It was really funny. Anway, she played with her presents for a little while and then we had cake. It's nothing fancy or amazing but we all had fun decorating it and she loved it.

We had a nice relaxing evening, just enjoyed being with each other. It really was a perfect day.


Riding the turtle at the zoo


Feeding the goats

This is all of us on the train

We parked next to this car at the zoo. It is covered in sea shells. It was so cool. If you click on it to make it bigger you can see all the little details.

Emma running when she saw Jon bringing out the bike


This is a bug puzzle that has a net with a magnet so you can "catch" the bugs. So cute.


The masterpiece

Blowing out the candles

She blew out the candles and started clapping and yelling yeah. It was so funny.

9 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That car ROCKS! :) How did you get so lucky to park there?!?! :)

What a fun birthday DAY...I am glad you guys got to go for an outing as a family. Probably felt so nice to get out!

And way to go on the cake! Truly impressed--she looks thrilled, which is completely opposite from the reaction I EVER get from Jenna on her birthday, so call it a SUCCESS! :)

Paul said...

Yay! Happy birthday to Emma! It sounds like you had a really fun day! I love the cake! So cute.
It sounds like her bike is just perfect for her. Benjamin's is still a little big, but he's innovative. He makes it work.
I'm glad you guys had such a fun day! Can you believe we have TWO year olds?!

Nicia said...

That's really nice it was free on her birthday! It looked liked everyone had a really good time. Happy Birthday Emma.

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a great birthday. I love the cake - you did an especially good job on the waves in the water, it looks great! And that's one crazy car! I wonder how long it took to put all those shells on it?

Karen said...

What an awesome B'day for Emma! The pics of her at the zoo are great. I love how everything is a new discovery for 2 year olds. That a cool car, what a way to go! Great job on the cake:)

Susie and Jay Larson said...

Happy Birth Day Emma! We have got to get to the Seattle zoo. What a cool turtle. James is turning two this month and I need to think of a cake. Yours is so fun? My brother Doug is going to work for Pixar so he will be in the Bay Area too. I loved Kung Foo Panda. You guys should get a good bonus. Congrats on Wal E. So cool!

Kathy Whittle said...

What a fun day! Emma has the cutest expressions. I can just hear her yelling YEAH! Your cake looks fun, and that car is so cool!

Laura Dewey said...

I LOVE the cake!!!

Esther said...

That car was incredible. Why would anyone do that though? Wow. I kept looking at the turtle wondering if it was really real. That is so neat. I love it. What a fun way to do her birthday!