Last week was so fun. Dad, Mom, Noah, and Abby came on Wednesday and stayed through Sunday night. Dad and Emma had just had birthdays so Wednesday night we went to Red Robin to get their free birthday dinners and ice cream sundaes. That is one of my favorite restaurants so it was nice to have an excuse to go there.
Thursday was definitely our busiest day. I had gotten some family names ready to do sealings so we started our day at the temple. Jon got work off and Mom, Dad, Jon, and I went and did sealings while Noah and Abby babysat Emma and Matthew at the visitors center. Thanks guys! It was a great session and I enjoyed being there with family.
The Oakland Temple
We had a little picnic lunch at the stake center next to the temple.
After the temple we headed into San Francisco. I really do love that city...not going into it so much as just seeing it. It just looks so cool...the skyline, all the water around it, the rowhouses going up and down hills as far as you can see, all the bright colors. It's just so cool. Anyway, we went to Pier 39, where all the touristy stuff is. We went on a cruise around the bay which was cool-in more than one way. It really was beautiful but it was so cold! It was also really foggy. So foggy that we couldn't see the Golden Gate Bridge until we were right under it. It's crazy how something so huge can be hidden so well in fog. We also circled around Alcatraz and learned about the history of San Francisco and how it was in the early days of the city. Very interesting.
This was all of the Golden Gate Bridge we could see. Abby is in the picture.
Mom and Emma trying to stay warm
After the cruise we went to the Bay Aquarium to see all the sea life. They had quite a bit to see. In part of the aquarium you walk through some glasses tunnels and all the fish and sharks are around you. They also had some small touch pools (I'm not sure if that's what they were called) where you could touch the animals. Lots of fun. By this point though, Emma was getting very tired and we were all pretty hungry. We had been planning on going to the Muir Woods, but decided to put it off. We grabbed some dinner and called it a day. We did make a stop at the candy store by our house for some treats and left with way more than we needed. But it was so good.
Emma showing Scuba Sam her shark toy.
One of the touch pools at the aquarium
Abby touching a leopard shark (I think...I know it was some kind of shark)
We passed this building driving home. They nailed all sorts of furniture on the outside wall. They also have furniture sticking out the windows. All sorts of weird stuff.
Emma's favorite store...Powell's Sweet Shoppe. She seriously knows every time we are within 2 or 3 blocks of it and starts singing "I love candy". So funny.
3 comments:
I wonder if you guys saw one of my best friends at the visitors center! She is serving a mission at the Oakland Temple visitors center right now. Crazy! Those were cute pictures. Your mom was wearing a sweater I use to have too!
Looks fun. I love the picture of Emma with Scuba Sam.
My mom's twin sister lives in the area, so this was our number one vacation spot while I was growing up. Seeing the pictures brings back memories and makes me want to go back!
Post a Comment