Happy birthday Emma! It's hard to believe she's already two! From the very beginning of my pregnancy, Jon and I both felt like our baby had a very big spirit and personality. And even though she was a tiny 5 lb 6 oz, she proved us right. She is such a smart, funny little girl. She loves to make people laugh and always seems to know just what to do to get the best reaction. She is usually a very cheerful girl and is content to read books and sing songs. I love walking in on her singing Primary songs to herself. It is so cute. She brings such a special spirit into our home. I'm so grateful to have such a sweet, special little girl in our family.
So, happy birthday to our book reading, song singing, candy loving little girl. We love you!
Yay - happy birthday to Emma! I love these birthday posts with pictures from birth on - so neat to see her get older and bigger and see her progress to where she is now.
And of COURSE she has a GIANT spirit and awesome personality--I mean, it DEFINITELY takes those two components to wear a pair of shorts on your head! :)
Enter your email below to have new entries emailed to you
Our Family
About us
Jon and I met at BYU. After a year of hanging out and dating, we were married in August 2005 and have added 4 kids to the mix. Jon works as a Character Effects Artist and I stay home. We love our life here!
Emma's Funnies
7/21/10
Me: Emma, what do you want to be when you grow up? Emma: A mommy. Me: Oh, that's great! I love being a mommy. Emma: Yeah, and so does Daddy.
6/2/10
Mom, did you know cars have names too? Our car is named Fabio (drawing out the a... faaabio.)
3/20/10
Sorry Mom, Buddy was an accident. (I think she was trying to tell me that something Matthew had done was an accident, but it came out totally wrong and made me laugh.)
1/15/10
Emma said something and I laughed. She looked at me and said, "Don't laugh at me. I'm practally a grownup."
12/29/09
After I told Emma she couldn't have any candy till after dinner: Ugh Mom. You're ruining Christmas for EVERYONE!
10/27/09
Mama, I'm feelin' niserble (miserable). Me: You feel miserable? E: Yeah, cuz I'm making lots of coughs. And I feel niserble. (pause) What do you think about that Buddy? Huh? It's okay, someday you can be niserble too, just like me! Will that make you happy?
10/23/09
(After putting my white skirt on her head) Look Mom! I'm married! ____________
Mama, I love you too much.
7/24/09
Here Buddy, you want some cookie dough. (Without waiting for a response). Oh, no? Okay, I guess I'm just gonna have to eat it all gone. ___________
Emma has become a great backseat driver. As I drive she will periodically yell things like, Turn right, then stay in the left lane. Take the second left. Turn right in 300 yards." She has obviously been listening very well to the GPS.
7/20/09
(While swimming) I don't want my face in the water. It makes my eyes nervous.
7/16/09
Emma: Is Jason at BYU? Me: Yes. Emma: Am I going to go to BYU? Me: Sure. Emma: Yeah, when I get big and strong I can go to BYU. Is Jason big and strong? Me: Yeah Emma: Jason is big and strong and Grandma is big and strong. But Fij is just big and strong like me. ____________
I like taking naps. Because you love me. And Joseph Smith loves me. And Jesus loves me. And I'm going to take a nap and then I'll wake up in 2 weeks! And then we'll do something really fun! Yeah! Doesn't that sound like fun?
4/18/09
(While telling us about when her head went under the water while she was swimming) And my head was very brave!
3/24/09
I had gotten the kids in the car and then ran back in the house to get my wallet. When I got back in the car we had a little conversation that went something like this: Emma: Oh, did you find your walrus Mommy? Me: Yep, I got my wallet. Emma: Oh good job! You're such a good girl! Me: Thanks... Emma: Oh, you're welcome!
--------
Whenever Emma's feet fall asleep, she yells "Aahhh, I'm fuzzy again!"
3/22/09
We were sitting in Church while someone was giving a talk, when Emma ran out into the aisle and yelled loudly, "Be quiet!" Needless to say, everyone around us was laughing.
2/15/09
Mommy, what are you doing? Oh, you're feeding Matthew. What a big girl!
2/12/09
(After her feet fell asleep and were in that poky stage) Emma: Bubbles, bubbles! Crazy crazy crazy! (while kicking her legs and trying to kiss her feet better)
1/29/09
I was asking Emma what color different things were. After a few different things I asked Emma what color she was.
Emma: I'm black. Sarah: No, I think you're white. Emma: No...I'm Black!
1/21/09
Emma was looking for me and when she couldn't find me, she cried out, "Oh nooo! I lost mommy!"
1/4/09
Emma talking to me and Jon: Oh, hey kids!
1/5/09
Mommy, you're really cute. I promise.
12/23/08
While changing a really nasty diaper of Emma's:
Me: Man Emma, what have you been eating? Emma: Poop.
12/23/08
I was feeding Matthew when Emma asked me if I could get her some cereal. I told her I couldn't because I was feeding him. A minute later I heard this: Mommy, can you get me some cereal? No, I'm eating Matthew.
12/20/08
Jenny was giving Emma a bath in the jacuzzi tub and asked her if she wanted to turn the bubbles on. Emma (who is scared of the bubbles) replied, "No, not on Sunday".
12/17/08
Jon: Are you happy, Emma? Emma: No, I'm not happy. I'm just cute.
12/9/08
We were looking at a picture of Matt, Nicki, and baby Owen. Me: Emma, who is that? Emma: Matt and Nicki...(pause)...and baby Jesus!
12/7/08
Emma was climbing up on Jon's lap. When she saw his belt she yelled, "Oh Dad, there's your seatbelt!"
12/5/08
Emma, while trying to get past Jon: Oh, excuse me honey.
11/15/08
We were driving down a very steep street in San Francisco when we heard Emma yell from the back of the van, "Hold on. It's okay. Daddy's gotcha. Daddy's gotcha."
11/26/08
Every time we ask Emma if she wants to do something she now responds enthusiastically with "That'd be great!"
11/26/08
I walked into the kitchen and saw that Emma had pulled all the tissues out of an almost full box. She looked up at me and asked very sweetly, "Should I put them all back?"
11/23/08
We were eating dinner and I asked Jon if he wanted some more chicken. He said he would take half of the last piece. Emma looked up and said, "Oh Dad, that was good asking".
11/4/08
Emma loves cereal but doesn't know the real name of most of her favorites. Instead she just calls them by whatever is on the box. Rice Krispies are Spongebob cereal because they have Spongebob on the box, Special K with strawberries is the strawberry cereal, etc. Today she walked into the kitchen, looked at her choices and exclaimed, "I want the grandpa cereal!" Turns out she was looking at the Quaker guy on a box of Life.
11/6/08
Jon lit a candle and put it on the table at dinner and Emma yelled, Oh, fire! Fire in the hole!
7 comments:
Happy Birthday Emma! She's a cutie.
Yay - happy birthday to Emma! I love these birthday posts with pictures from birth on - so neat to see her get older and bigger and see her progress to where she is now.
Have fun with the "terrible twos!"
HAPPY BIG 2 TO EMMA!!!
We love you and wish we could play every day!!!
And of COURSE she has a GIANT spirit and awesome personality--I mean, it DEFINITELY takes those two components to wear a pair of shorts on your head! :)
Happy b-day!
Happy B'day Emma! Can't believe it's been 2 years! Love the pictures, and really enjoyed "watching her grow up" That's the quick fun way:)
Happy Birthday Emma! She really is a beautiful, delightful little girl!
those aresuch cute pictures.I love the pic of her on the turtle i am so jealous, I wanna ride a turtle
those aresuch cute pictures.I love the pic of her on the turtle i am so jealous, I wanna ride a turtle
Post a Comment