Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Family Visit Part 2

All right, here is the rest of last week. Friday, we didn't have much planned so I decided I would go get my drivers license. I still haven't switched it to California. Sooo...I went and was sent home to get my marriage license since my maiden name is on my birth certificate and my married name on my social security card. So I got my marriage certificate and went back, waited forever and then was told that the marriage certificate was from the church and not the county so it wouldn't work. I went home really frustrated and looked through all of our important documents. All I could find was a marriage license, but they said that wouldn't work. I was too frustrated at that point to go back, so it was all a big waste. But I am curious for anyone else who's married...do you have a marriage certificate from the county or is yours also just from the church?

After all the DMV drama, we went to Dreamworks to have lunch with Jon. Good times, good food. I love being able to go have lunch with Jon when we can.


Dad, Noah, Mom, and Abby at Dreamworks


After some much needed naps, we went to the Muir Woods. It is a beautiful drive and the woods are so quiet and pretty. Such a contrast to the city. Here are a few shots of the woods.



One of the few pictures of Noah we got

This is inside the same log that Noah's sitting in. Emma and this little boy climbed all the way up inside and played for a long time. We couldn't get them to come out.

How is it that we have two strollers with no kids in them???


A baby deer that was right by the path
We got home just in time to go to bed. It was a good day.

On Saturday we got up early...well, that was the plan at least. Really Mom and Dad came over and we had just gotten up. We were so tired that we all ended up sleeping in. So, we got ready and went to the beach. It was cloudy at first, but the sun came out and it was a beautiful day. The water was still cold but Jon and Abby didn't think so. They were out in the water looking for sand dollars and jelly fish. Noah ventured in a couple of times but decided it was too cold. Emma played in the sand and Dad took tons of pictures...which was a good thing because nobody else did. I don't know why I didn't think about it. Thanks Dad!

I thought this was a cool picture of Abby.

A cute pose

The two adventurous ones
After the beach we grabbed some dinner and then Mom and Dad took the kids back to the hotel with them so we could work on our talks. Thank you Mom and Dad!

Sunday we had church first thing in the morning. After Church we watched some family home videos which was great. I love watching old home videos. Jon's parents had invited us all over for dinner Sunday night so we went out there in the evening. It was fun to visit with everyone and dinner was great. It was a great way to end the visit.

It was so fun to have family here. If anyone is ever out this way or wants to come out, we'd love to see you. We love visitors!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I have the marriage certificate (the time and all eternity one) from the Temple, and I also have the marriage license from the county. When I got my new driver's license, though, I had to get an official copy of the marriage license. My personal copy isn't the official one, it has a gold seal instead of a stamp. Luckily, the place I got the marriage license was just across the street from the DMV, so I was able to just run across and get it, so it wasn't a real problem, just a minor inconvenience. I'm not sure how you would go about getting an official, stamped copy of your license. The only thing I could think of would be to get online and request it somehow, maybe from vital records or something.

Great pictures. I love Emma's little pose at the beach - so cute!

Nicia said...

That's crazy the temple one wouldn't work. It has the license number and stuff on it...weird. But good to know! I agree...very cute pictures! You are so lucky your family was able to visit! I miss mine a lot!

Michelle said...

In Idaho, I just looked at mine, what they do is have the marriage licence that you take to the wedding and the officiator fills it in. They turn that in and the state files it. You can get copies from the county office where you got the licence. We had to for Mark's military application. It has "marriage licence" on top with your info, and "marriage certificate" on the bottom with the officiator's info and the date/place stuff. You will need a certified copy, you can probably find the contact info online for the county the licence was issued from. Good luck!

Nathan said...

The certificate that says for time and eternity is not the actual license. There is one from the state that has a seal and has the name of the county you were married in on it as well as the bride and groom info and stuff.
I love the pictures at the beach. I would love to be there!

Abby and Greg Christiansen said...

The beach was so fun. I had an awesome time.