Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Food Tag

One more tag to get caught up on...this was kind of fun to think about. So here are 7 things about me and food.

1- I love chocolate but I don't like chocolate cake or chocolate ice cream. And it has to be milk chocolate. I can't stand dark chocolate.

2- Making dinner is so stressful to me. I enjoy cooking but I'm usually not prepared and am either missing one ingredient or didn't prepare something early enough. I spend all day trying to figure out what to eat, go through several options, and end up making one of my backup meals...you know of those meals that you ALWAYS have all the ingredients for...which means we don't eat a big variety of meals.

3- I am not adventurous in my taste or cooking. I tend to like more bland foods...I don't use a lot of spices or extra flavoring because it's usually too strong for me. I am also hesitant to try new recipes because I don't want to make something that is going to be a flop. But if someone I know recommends a recipe I will usually try it.

4- I love fruits and vegetables but tend to only eat them when they are already prepared (salad for instance). I know it's not hard to do so I'm not sure what my deal is.

5- I am a picky eater. I don't really consider myself as really picky, but a lot of people say I am. I guess this just goes along with liking bland foods. I don't like a lot of the foods that have strong flavors...pickles, mustard, tomatoes, onions, peppers of any kind, seafood, sauerkraut, etc

6- I eat way too many sweets. One is never enough and I usually end up eating "just one more" until I've eaten way too much.

7- I prefer home cooked meals to eating out. Given the choice (if someone else was cooking) I would definitely pick the homemade meal.

If you want to do this, you're tagged!

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

Hey--loved your food tag--especially after our funny hundred hour conversation about what to eat for dinner tonight. BTW...the missionaries actually loved my mishmash of soups--go figure! :) Not that I plan on making that again!! But it was good for tonight.