Emma thought it was great. She had a blast climbing on and in everything. We found her in her room sitting in a suitcase reading one morning. It was too cute.
The lady in the other half of our duplex (Nancy) and our next door neighbors came over to meet us. They are both so nice. Nancy has 2 little dogs so Emma is in heaven. And the next door neighbors have two little kids so I am excited about that. I just have to get out of my shell and get to know them better. We've been to their house once and Emma has an open invitation to play in their backyard any time she wants. I would love to do that since we don't have a lot of toys, but it would feel awkward to me since we've only met them twice. Time to bake some cookies and head over. :)
It has been so fun to explore our area. Jon can take the train to work so we have the car, but it ends up being an hour each way, where driving only takes 20-30 minutes. So we switch on and off with the car. On the days I don't have the car, Emma and I have walked to several of the parks around here and explored downtown. It's only a few blocks away and there are so many fun little shops and things to see.
We spent last weekend at Jon's parents house. Jon had to take 3 more tests on Saturday and he was speaking in their ward on Sunday so we made a weekend of it. It was a lot of fun to visit and take a break from the unpacking and organizing.
Jon is SO close to finishing his classes. Only 2 more tests (one will be done on Saturday) and a few more quizzes and then he is done! He has to finish by April 3 to qualify for April graduation so he's down to the wire but it should all work out. And then we can celebrate!
I was able to go to the doctor for a prenatal visit last week. I haven't been since December since we were between insurances, so it was nice to go and make sure everything's okay. Everything looked great and the baby is right on track. He has been moving so much lately and it is so strong. I love being able to feel him moving. Only two more months...nine more weeks. Somehow nine weeks seems a lot closer than 2 months. Either way there is still so much to do before then. We are excited.
Life is so good. It just feels like things can't get any better. We are so happy and feel so blessed.
Emma and Jon's sisters building a fort on the couch. This is one of her favorite things to do with them.
6 comments:
So glad to hear that you guys are getting settled in. I always dread the unpacking at the end of moving because it means finding places to put everything, and then remembering what that place was! I'm glad, too, that the baby is doing well. Just curious, you kept saying "him", did you have an ultrasound that said that, or is that a general statement?
HOORAY! Sarah! I love your new place! LOTS of natural light. It is BEAUTIFUL!! I wish, wish, wish we were there in the sunshine! :) Soak some in for me! :)
In answer to Calista's question...we had an ultrasound in December and it is definitely a little boy.
I love the picture of Emma reading in the suitcase! Sounds like it's been pretty busy around there. Hope you get to know those neighbors better and have fun with it!
Hey, I'm glad to hear the move went well! I could not be happier for you two (or I guess 3 1/2). I think I would love living in that area. That's great that you have nice neighbors there and access to a yard. Hopefully that will become a more comfortable thing to go over there.
Crazy that you're so far along in your pregnancy! I keep forgetting people's due dates, and time just keeps marching on. That is so exciting.
What fun neighbors with dogs and kids. We are dealing with the one car thing too . We have a tax return and are thinking of getting me a car so jay can take one to work. Right now I can borrow our parents but I would love to have more freedom with that. I love Emma reading a book picture. So cute!
Post a Comment