Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Father in Need of a Son

Jon is starting to have son anxieties! The other day Jon and Emma were just sitting on the couch looking at Jon's pocketknife. Afterwards we looked at the pictures and joked that the dialogue went like this:


Jon: Emma, I think you're old enough to learn how to use this now.
Emma: Oooohh, shiny!

Emma: Wow! Thanks daddy!

Jon: Anything for you sweety.
Emma: How do you open it?

Jon: Look, like this. The sharp parts are right there. Open it nice and slow...
Emma: Ooooh!

Emma: Wow, pliers to grab my dolls with! This is great dad!
Jon: I can't wait for your little brother to come...

6 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

That's AWESOME!!! I laughed.... :)

Melinda said...

Way cute! Makes me wonder if Aaron's been yearning for a son. Oh, well, hat desire'd have to wait a couple years, anyway. Emma's way cute, by the way.

Kathy Whittle said...

This was a really cute blog! It's so fun you are having a boy and Jon can have his son. We miss you guys...

Stephanie said...

How cute. I love the little "dialogue"!

Esther said...

That is awesome. I am so excited for you. That will be fun for you guys. I love the dialog.

Paul said...

HAHAHA! At first, I was like, wow, Emma has quite a blossoming vocabulary! It took me a minute to catch on to the sarcasm. Yeah, Jon's going to love having a little boy! I can tell.