The rain started yesterday afternoon and hasn't stopped since then. Overnight we have gotten a new swimming pool and a river going all the way from the backyard to the street. With at least 2 more days of rain ahead, it looks like they'll be here to stay for awhile. Jon and his mom have been outside all day trying to shovel water and redirect it to the street. It is a mess!
The new swimming pool. Last time we measured it was about 6 inches deep.

This is the beginning of the river. The water is almost to the top of the first step. The water goes out the gate...

and all the way across the front lawn to the street.
Emma REALLY wanted to come outside. It didn't last long.
As nasty as the rain is, I would still much rather have it than the snow!
2 comments:
Wow, that is a lot of rain. Jon's parents don't have a basement, do they? Our house growing up had flooding problems in the basement constantly, so that's what I thought of when I read this. Regardless, it looks like it's up against the house, which can't be good! I hope the rain stays outside for you!
Flooding was the first thing that came to my mind, too. We've had drizzles here for quite a while but, since it hasn't been a downpour, there hasn't been any flooding yet. I hope you're able to keep it out of the house, and that it doesn't last too much longer.
Post a Comment