Thursday, January 31, 2008

It's Official!

We have a job! Jon accepted his offer from Dreamworks yesterday and we are so excited about it. We decided to just forego the other interview because the job at Dreamworks is doing more of what he wants to be doing and it was a great offer. He starts Monday and will be working on Madagascar 2.
I know somebody asked what he'll be doing there, so I'll try and explain. I'm not totally sure myself. His position is in Character Effects, so he'll be making objects interact with the characters. For example, he might put hair or clothes on a character and make sure they move the right way with the character. He could also work with any object that the character interacts with in any way. It's kind of a broad job description...I'm not really sure how else to describe it.
We feel blessed to have gotten this job, especially since he hasn't graduated yet, and are excited to start this new phase of our lives.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations. I look forward to watching Madagascar 2 and scanning the credits for his name, then jumping up and down yelling, "That's my cousin's husband!" (I probably shouldn't watch it in the theater if that's the case...)

Paul said...

That's wonderful! And fast! Wow, so he starts this Monday? I'm sure he's excited to jump right in. I think that would be a really fun job! So...do you get perks like free Dreamworks tickets and DVD's and stuff? Emma's a lucky girl to have such a cool dad who MAKES the movies!

Rachel Holloway said...

CONGRATS ON THE JOB!!! We are so happy for you--I just hope you remember who your favorite oldest sister is when you guys become rich and famous! :)

P.S. I changed my blog colors/etc. Let me know what you think!

Melinda said...

That's so fantastic!!! Huge congrats to Jon. Enjoy California...it sounds like you'll be there for a while. And hope everything's still going well with your pregnancy!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! I am so glad that things worked out for you guys. Kellen loved Madagascar, and would quite likely be thrilled to watch #2, so we'll have to watch for Jon in the credits, too! Congratulations!

Michelle said...

I am so happy for you guys! It's so nice when jobs work out. I know you took a big leap of faith moving down there and everything with nothing really lined up, but the Lord has blessed you!

J & A Danes said...

That's great! Tell him good luck with the new job!

Kathy Whittle said...

We are so happy for you, Jon! We'll be anxious for Madagascar 2 to come out. The Lord has really been blessing your little family. We miss you here in the cold! Sarah,hope you are feeling well?
Also, belated Happy Birthday, Jon! The cake looks great!