I'm back to blogging...for now. I love reading all the blogs that are updated everyday or almost everyday and think it is so great that you all post recipes and do your photo a day and other things like that. You guys inspire me. So, after Jon finishes his online classes and I have access to a computer during the day, I am going to be better about posting. For now, weekends will have to do. I don't know that our lives are exciting enough to really post more often than that anyways. I try to think of the little things that I could write about but I feel like our days are just the same every day. But that's okay. It's a good simple life and I enjoy it while I can.
It has been really rainy this week so we haven't gotten outside much and I have run out of ideas of things to do with Emma. What fun (free) games or activities, etc. do you guys do with your kids? Please please please share your ideas! I would love suggestions.
Here are a couple random pictures from this week...

It's hard to see, but we painted Emma's fingernails. It's the cutest thing!
This is what we call stiffs. Emma stands on grandpa's knees and balances as long as she can.We love that Emma is able to get to know at least one set of grandparents. She has so much fun with them.
Below is a video of the trick.
7 comments:
Emma's hair is getting so long! It's cute!
Hmm...fun, free things to do? This is good to get me thinking too, because our days get pretty monotonous too.
I made Benjamin a matching game from 2 books of animal stickers and some cards. We pretend like we're playing Memory, but he pretty much turns them all over until he finds the desired match. He likes that game though. I also play hide-and-seek with him.
Sometimes we'll finger paint or get out playdough or a big pan of rice and dry noodles for him to dig in. He also enjoys helping me make cookies.
We do go places too sometimes. There's a Science Center here that's free that's fun to run around in. I'm not a mall person myself, but a lot of people like to go to those mall playgrounds. My favorite investment so far though has been a year pass to a children's museum place here. It's already paid for itself, and it's only been a month...we go a lot! I don't know if you have one in your area, but they're a lot of fun and a great way to kill time on a cold (or rainy) day.
I'm glad you're still posting things, even if it's only once a week for now :) As for suggestions of things to do with Emma, the previous comment had some very good ideas; I'm not sure I could even add to that. I think the only other thing that Isometimes do is try to get Madison to help with household chores; moving laundry, she loves the vacuum, unloading the dishwasher. She also loves to color anytime she gets the chance. Good luck with the indoor activities!
My kids love when I get out our huge roll of butcher paper (Sam's club) and cover the table. Then they get to go crazy with hands and cheap paint brushes. Shirts either come off or they wear aprons. Everyone gets a bath when they are done. This is good if you make sure to use washable paints, I like crayola finger paints or poster paints.
When Calista's family was living with us Kellen loved to play in boxes. I would stop at the store and bring some home...big ones are lots of fun. Anyway, one of his faves was to lay or sit in a box and color. You can go markers or crayons. Emma might be at a good age to put together simple puzzles, and that is a great way to challenge her also. Let het help with the cooking, making bread, cookies, jello. Use a hole punch and make cards for her to string yarn through...like a dot to dot, only holes and yarn instead. Let her make collages out of beans, macaroni, rice etc. Gluing them on pictures you trace or have torn from a color book. Make play dough and get some "stuff" from DI (or whatever second hand store you have) cookie cutters, rolling pins, play dishes...Kellen also NEVER tired of playing with his collection of "stuff" and play dough. Have fun!
Wow you guys are all creative. I was just going to comment that Zaylee likes us to read to her. A lot. She also colors prolifically. I loved Emma's painted fingernails. My sisters like to paint Zaylee's nails too, and it's adorable.
I don't know...I STILL have problems entertaining Evie enough. It seems kids' energy lasts FAR longer than parents'. Evie loves to color though, and play with her little kitchen and she's thoroughly entertained downstairs, where she has free rein over. Good luck, though
You've had so many good ideas shared already - here's another one about boxes. We had a really big one when Justin & Caitlin were little. We cut windows in it, and they played forever in it like a playhouse. Kids love to decorate anything - with Valentine's coming up, you could have her make homemade valentines for all the grandparents, etc. For Emily, I put shipping peanuts in a shallow storage tote. Then I hid different colored construction paper shapes in the peanuts. She would find the shapes and put them in brown paper bags that had a matching shape on them. When she's a little older, she can get the shapes out with tweezers. Anyway, good luck! Emma is absolutely adorable!
Post a Comment