Today was Jon's birthday. He turned the big 25! Happy birthday Jon!

I made the cake...you're never too old for a dinosaur cake. While it is by no means professional, I was happy with how it turned out.
Getting ready to blow out the candles.
For his birthday, he got a new sweatshirt, an animation book he really wanted, the Pixar Short Films dvd, and a job. :) We also got our last W-2 and filed our taxes today. I love tax returns! So all in all it was a great day.
5 comments:
Happy Birthday to Jon! The cake looks great, Sarah :) The last time I tried to decorate a cake myself was Kellen's first birthday, and it didn't turn out nearly so well as your dinosaur!
Your cake looks awesome!!! Can I hire you to make all of our birthday cakes from now on?
Dang! I thought it looked pretty professional, but I only have about a fraction of your cake decorating skills. For Paul's 25th though, I will say I was kind of proud of my creation (or at least the creative aspect). I made him a cake that looked like a quarter (because he was a quarter of a century old).
Happy birthday to Jon! He DID get some good presents! :)
Your cake turned out so cute! My family gets gypped. I spent months taking cake classes and getting all the equipment. I do lots of the babyshowers at church and have done a couple of weddings. But my family ends up with either a bakery cake or a 9x13 cake mix thing with canned frosting. And I don't think you are ever too old for dinosaur cakes.....
Sarah,
I had no idea you were into cake decorating. That is so neat. How did you do it? It is really awesome. I like the candles on it.
Post a Comment