This is probably my favorite recent Emma quote. I laugh every time I think about it.
Emma: (Looking at some curtains I had bought and just hung) Those are some nice curtains you got there woman.
Me: (Looking at her, speechless)...
Emma: (very hesitantly) Well, cuz you're a woman because girls are a woman and boys are a man...right?
I got a good laugh out of it. :)
I have so many posts in my head that I want to do, but I never get them done and I'm so far behind now that I know they're not going to happen. So instead, here's a little rundown of our life lately.
Ellie cut her first tooth today! I have to admit though, that this is one milestone I don't get excited about. I love when they learn to sit, roll, crawl, walk, eat solids, etc. I think it is SO fun to watch them grow and learn new things. However, there is just nothing fun about teething....at all. :) And there is just something so cute about a gummy little smile. I miss it when they get those pearly little whites in!
Ellie has also perfected her crawling and is constantly pulling herself up to things to stand. She is BUSY....always on the go. She keeps up with the kids pretty good and is convinced that she is one of them. When I go to get her out of her crib in the morning and after naps, she is usually standing up in her crib, looking so proud of herself. She is such a social little girl and will smile at anyone and everyone who looks in her direction.
Matthew had another breathing episode (for lack of a better word) last week. He had been complaining all morning that he was tired and his tummy hurt and when we were in the car he kept asking for more air. I thought he was just being whiny and didn't think anything else of it until we went to eat lunch with Jon and I noticed he was working pretty hard to breathe. We called his pediatrician and headed straight over. They did a couple of nebulizer treatments and gave him 2 doses of a liquid steroid and he was good to go. But it was definitely scary for a little while there. The doctor called in a prescription for a nebulizer, which was delivered yesterday (and was completely free...I LOVE our insurance!) so hopefully we can take care of him at home from now if anything else happens.
Matthew has also been saying so many funny things lately...wish I remembered to write them down! He is insistent that he wants to be a mom when he grows up (because that's what Emma wants to be). When he's excited about something he says it's "super duper muper!" He's also really gotten into painting lately, again because that is what Emma loves. Unfortunately, he inherited my art skills (or major lack therof) but he has a lot of fun doing it anyway. He moved up to Primary at Church and was so excited to join Emma there. The first week was great, and then he started having Nursery withdrawals after that. He doesn't ever want to go to Primary, but once he's there and we leave, he's fine. He still LOVES his preschool, loves his teachers, loves show and tell, and loves music time. I have caught him several times lately singing preschool songs while he plays. He goes to a Lutheran Church school, so they're all church songs. It's so cute to hear him singing things like "Peace Like a River in My Soul" and "This Little Light of Mine".
Emma has been having such a great time at school. She has the best teacher and has made several good friends. I've had the opportunity to help out in her class for an hour every other week and it is so much fun (crazy, but fun). Matthew loves going because Mrs. Rothe lets him play with the toys and Ellie basks in all the attention she gets while we're there. We've also been able to go on all but one of her field trips. This week we went to the police station. I'm really glad I'm able to spend this time with her and be a part of her school experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment