Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Great Weekend

This weekend was so nice! Really a pretty perfect weekend.

Friday some friends brought some pizza over and the kids played their little hearts out. It was fun to visit and let the kids play. By the time they left, the kids were worn out. We shut the door and I told them it was time for bed. Emma leaned against the wall and said, "Yep, the show's over! Time for bed." And off she went. It was pretty funny.

Saturday we got up early and headed into the city. Our church had a statewide service project cleaning up various state parks. We were assigned to Golden Gate Park. We were given some awesome bright yellow vests to wear and given our assignments. We weeded and pulled out blackberry bushes, and enjoyed visiting with friends. Then they fed us lunch and we were on our way. We headed out to Jon's parents' house for the weekend.

After dropping the kids off, we went with Jon's sister and her boyfriend, and Jon's brother and his wife to go do archery (or go arching...we still can't decide how you're supposed to say it). It was really fun. There is a free archery place that has cardboard animals placed all along a long trail for you to shoot.
I kind of look like I know what I'm doing.

Checking out the kill.



When we finished we went back to the Farrell's for a fiesta. Joshua (Michelle's boyfriend) is leaving on a Spanish speaking mission to Ogden, UT next week, so this was his farewell party. Lots of Mexican food, decorations, and a pinata. Fun times!

Sunday was just a good visiting, hanging out day. In the afternoon we had a birthday party for this little guy, who will be 2 on Friday! I'm putting the party pictures in a different post because there were so many that I liked. I can't believe he's 2!

2 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

You totally look like you know what you're doing! IMPRESSIVE!!!

I can't believe Matthew is already 2. What the heck? Where did time go? We can't wait to see you guys and hang out--the kids were all fighting this morning over who was Emma's best friend. I tried to tell them that it was wonderful that we could ALL be her friend, and Jenna looked at me in disgust and said, "no mom...you only have ONE best friend".

So--she is very loved and will have MANY best friends waiting to woo her. :)

Unknown said...

Wow, that is crazy that he's 2! That's fun that you guys got to go "arching!" You look great, by the way! I've been inspired by your weight watchers log! You're amazing!