So, here are a couple pics from the last week and several from this weekend.
Emma discovered the game of Life and LOVES it. She could drive those little cars around all day. I keep wondering why we bought a road playmat for Christmas when we already had this.
Emma has started wanting to pick her clothes and shoes. For several days she only wanted to wear her white Sunday shoes. Then most of last week it was her rainboots.
And here is one of our cute Matthew. (Ignore the pink fluffy slippers in the picture) He wants more than anything to be like Emma, to do the things she does, and to go everywhere with her. He's just not quite mobile enough to keep up with her. Since he can't play with her he plays with her things. He LOVES spinning the pedals on her bike.
This is Emma's new sleeping arrangement. Jon's parents gave her this tent for Christmas and somehow it ended up on her bed. She loves sleeping in her fort.
For Christmas, Jon's parents gave us food storage. We went with them to Costco yesterday to get our food and ended up with all this. We have really been feeling like we need to get going on food storage and emergency preparedness. My parents gave us two 72 hour kits, so between those and this food storage, we have gotten a really good start. Those were probably our two favorite gifts. Thank you to both sets of parents!
We had such a fun weekend. Saturday we got up early and went to the beach. It was a gorgeous day, but we went a little too early so it was still a little chilly. Then we decided to check out Golden Gate Park since neither of us have been. We drove around for a long time but couldn't find any parking. It was SO crowded. Finally we decided to just go home. After naps, we went to a different park so the kids could get some of their energy out. It was a nice, laid back, but somehow exhausting day. We took our camera but realized at the beach that it was out of batteries. Big bummer!
Sunday after church, we went to spend the rest of the weekend with Jon's family. We enjoyed being able to visit. Yesterday after our Costco run, we all went to Rock City. It is a bunch of rock formations up in the mountains. It was such a beautiful day and we had a great time. Emma loves climbing and being outside and had a blast. She didn't want any help and insisted on walking and climbing the rocks by herself.
Sunday after church, we went to spend the rest of the weekend with Jon's family. We enjoyed being able to visit. Yesterday after our Costco run, we all went to Rock City. It is a bunch of rock formations up in the mountains. It was such a beautiful day and we had a great time. Emma loves climbing and being outside and had a blast. She didn't want any help and insisted on walking and climbing the rocks by herself.
Emma and Grandpapa
It was such a fun 3 day weekend. The weather couldn't have been more perfect and it was great to spend time with family.
6 comments:
I want to trade weekends with you! You had sun! AND short sleeves! And a little vacation! I had clouds, negative degree weather, and an extra kid...
Seriously, though, I'm glad you had fun and took pictures. I had been missing seeing your family in photos! Keep charging your camera;)
YEAH!! Pictures!!!
How awesome to have all that stuff for food storage. That will be so nice to have!
And what an awesome 3 day weekend. I am indeed jealous of your nice weather...still waiting for a special to see if I can come get some sun!
I am jealous of your sunny, fun, outside weekend! Next time I am in Cali I am stopping by. And you have such a cute family!
I love how you are taking hikes in t-shirts in January. So jealous. I know I say that every time, but this week, our kitchen pipes froze for a few days because it was so cold. So jealous... :)
I like Emma's idea of sleeping in a tent. That is so funny. I am sure Nathan would do it if he could. He loves forts. The beach sounds great right now. We have been stuck inside with a screaming unhappy teether. Ahh. Hopefully we get some sleep tonight. I am glad Matthew is getting over his sickness too. How miserable to be sick.
Looks like you had an awesome weekend. The family picture of you at the rocks is really a great picture!
Post a Comment