After 6 nights of NO sleep, we finally figured out why Matthew is not sleeping. It's called hand, foot, and mouth disease (and no, it's not mad cow disease and you don't get it from animals). But he has blisters all down his throat which make everything painful. So, he's not eating, not sleeping, and is whiny and clingy. I feel so bad for him. He has been sick since before Christmas with various things and it's miserable. He tries to be happy and play, but it doesn't last long. Poor kid! On the up side, the sickness is only supposed to last 7-10 days, which means we're over halfway there. We are ready to all be healthy again and are really looking forward to our family vacation next month. We really need it.
We are going to go to Southern California for 5 days. The big thing on our trip is Sea World. We showed Emma some YouTube videos of Shamu and now she keeps asking me if we can go see Shampoo. :) So, we are all excited. But we are still looking for other family friendly and budget friendly things to do in San Diego or LA and would love any suggestions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Poor Matthew! That is so rough when sickness interferes with sleeping, eating and everything else essential to baby (and Mommy) survival. I hope he gets over it soon! I hear you about needing a vacation. We're finally back from ours, and it was just what I needed! I hope you find some good cheap/free things to do while you're there!
Yuck. No fun for poor little Matthew! Glad you know what it is, and that the torture is almost over. Careful, it can be really contagious, so watch Emma.
Have fun on your trip south!
That is no fun for your little one! Or for you. I hope that he gets better! And that you have a great trip south!
Poor little Matthew! I hope he heals okay, and gets back to his cheerful self. And that's really cute about Emma asking to see "Shampoo." :-)
Check out the SanDiego Zoo at sandiegozoo.org I don't know how it is on budget, but it is world reknown...one of the biggest and best zoos you will ever visit.
Hope Matthew is feeling better soon, and that Emma loves "Shampoo"!!
Hopefully Matthew will start feeling better soon! I haven't been but my b-i-l has been several times to CA Legoland. I've been to the one in Europe and had fun when I was younger... you do need to be 'in' to legos though. Shamu will be great! :-)
Poor little guy. And that's tough on Mommy and Daddy too! Hope he feels better soon!
I have been to the San Diego Zoo and it is Awesome! Jon would love it. It is totally hugemungous with so many different animals. It may be pricey but it is pretty cool.
So sorry to hear that Matthew has been sick - it's such a bummer when we have to see our little ones suffering. Hope he's on the mend soon, and that you get some much needed rest! You will love southern California. The beach should be warmer than where you live. Our family really liked Knottsberry Farm - cheaper than Disneyland and still lots of fun.
Post a Comment