Saturday, September 27, 2008

Question for Quicken Users

Thanks for all the budget advice. It seems like a lot of people use and like Quicken so I think we're going to give it a try. I'm just wondering which year/version of Quicken you all use. I've read several reviews that say the 2009 versions have a lot of bugs and really aren't good so I'm thinking we'll get an older version. I just want to know what has worked or not worked for others.
Thanks for all your help!

3 comments:

Shayla said...

the best thing to do is always buy the SECOND newest version. It's a lot cheaper and does basically the same things.

Bethany said...

We've got Quicken 2007 that we mooched off of Adam's parents. Since we mooched, we're planning on getting an updated version one of these days. All the years do the same thing basically.

Kathy Whittle said...

We actually still have Quicken 2006 and it works just fine. Another really good book is the "The Four Laws of Debt Free Prosperity." Great book and easy to read because it's a story, but really good advice. Again - wish I'd been doing this stuff a LONG time ago! One of the keys, I'm finding from everything I'm reading and learning, is "tracking", so then you know where you can "trim". Most of us nickel and dime away at least some amount of money every month. Let us know how the budgeting progress goes!