I love this face that Matthew makes. It's hard to tell, but he sticks his bottom lip out pretty far and blows bubbles. Such a cute face.
When Matthew was blessed we somehow didn't get any pictures the entire day. So, this was our attempt at getting some blessing outfit pictures.

There are several really fun parks in our area, which we love. On days that I have the car, I like to look on the map and find a park that we haven't been to so we can go check it out. Our list of favorites is growing. Last week while I was watching Jon's sisters, we went to 6 different parks in 4 days. Parks these days are SO much more fun (and safe) than when I was a kid!
The rest of the pictures are some of the few we got during our park outings.
The rest of the pictures are some of the few we got during our park outings.

Yes, even Matthew tried the swing.
And a funny one of Melinda (we made her get down right after the picture, but figured since she was already up there, we might as well get a picture)
This week has really flown by fast. It has been a really good week. Tuesday we were able to go out to dinner (with the kids) to celebrate our anniversary. We had a buy one entree get one free coupon for a really nice steakhouse in our town so we figured it was a good time to try it out. The restaurant was really cute, they had live music, and the food was so good. We will definitely be going back there again...without the kids. When we got home we made some Reeses ice cream. So yummy! It was a really good, enjoyable evening.
Yesterday the kids and I spent the day with Jon's family. We were going out there for my sister in law's baby shower so we decided to make an afternoon of it. And speaking of babies, my sister, Esther, had her baby yesterday. Hannah Marie is such a doll and we are so excited for them.
Today has been pretty uneventful. The kids have both been sleeping for 3 hours now!!! So, I got a nice little nap in, got dinner made, and got some laundry done. Now if only they would do this every day...
We have so much to look forward to these next couple weeks. Jon doesn't have to work this Saturday! It will be so nice to be able to spend some time with him. Then next week we have a family reunion with Jon's immediate family from Wednesday to Sunday. I CAN'T WAIT! It will be a much needed vacation for all of us. The week after the reunion the kids and I are going to spend 5 days in Ohio with my sister and her family. I keep wondering if I'm crazy for flying that far alone with 2 kids, but however crazy that part will be, the visiting part will make it totally worth it. I am excited to see Rachel and excited for Emma to be able to spend time with cousins. And yes Brandon, we are excited to see you too. :)
I am really looking forward to these next few weeks. On a random note, I'm also excited that for the first time in our married life we are not affected by the fact that school is starting soon. It's really weird.

5 comments:
Have fun with your sister!! Cute pictures too! Thanks for sharing.
That is SO fun! I am so glad you posted some new pics. They are all really nice and it made me SO excited for you guys to come!
I love the picture of Matthew smiling in his blessing outfit! What a cute boy. I also love the one of Emma in the swing.
It sounds like you guys had a wonderful anniversary! And I'm glad that you'll be getting some vacation time next week. That will be nice. There are a lot of factors that can make or break traveling with kids. So good luck! I'm sure it will be fine. Like you said, the vacation part makes it all worth it.
Matthew is such a little doll! I love the one where he's smiling really big wearing his blessing outfit. So cute!
Those are some darling pictures! Matthew has such a cute smile. We hardly ever go to any other parks besides the one in our back yard. I like your idea of looking on a map and trying out new ones.
Post a Comment