Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Feeling Disconnected

I am feeling SO disconnected today. I left my cell phone at the mall play area and someone took it. I am SO bummed!! It's only been a couple hours but I already feel like everything is thrown off. I have become so dependent on that phone. I can't even call Jon because our numbers are long distance and we don't have long distance on our home phone. But at least we have a home phone.
And really, this was probably the most convenient time to lose it because we are going to our family reunion tomorrow and will be gone until Sunday, so I wouldn't be using it anyway. So, hopefully I should have a new phone by next Tuesday. Crossing my fingers!

I'm looking forward to this week, my week of disconnection. No phone, no internet. But I'm so excited for this family/vacation time. Hope you all have a great week!

6 comments:

Nicia said...

I'm sorry about your phone! Trust me, I was in the same situation last week. You checked the mall's lost and found right? I'm sure you did. And you told the cell phone company that someone stole your phone I'm assuming, that way they don't rack all these minutes up on your phone. Anyway, good luck with getting a new phone, and I hope all goes well at the family reunion!!

Rachel Holloway said...

Dang, I hope your vacation goes well...am seriously thinking of sending youa phone early though so you can have one when you fly in here...let me know.

Shayla said...

gotta hate losing your phone...can't live like that! at lesat I can't...

Melinda said...

What a shame! It's the pits to lose a phone, especially one that has so much on it. I was so connected to mine, easily calling anyone in my list, that when I went down to just a home line again, I would sometimes stare blankly at the phone, willing it to magically dial the number I couldn't remember. Have fun on your vacation!!

Melinda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Ouch! Mine dropped out of my purse once in Nampa, and someone turned it into the tanning salon by the store I had shopped at. I was able to call the phone and they answered and said they would hold it for me to pick up. Problem was, they were in Nampa and I was an hour away! Mom saved the day, she was going that direction anyway and grabbed it for me. Being without a phone bites.

Hope your new one comes quickly!