Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Love My Family

This is Jon. I am posting tonight because I am lonely and miss my family. Sarah, my beautiful wife has shown her incredible pioneer fortitude once again. She got on a plane on Tuesday with our two offspring and flew across the great planes to the state of Ohio to visit her sister. What possessed her to desire such a journey I will never know, especially with Emma and Matthew. She must have been blessed in her journey however and has been enjoying the week with Rachel (Who I thank sincerely for being such a good sister and friend. )
Today I have been thinking a lot about my family, and how much I love them and care about them. I feel so blessed and smiled upon when I think that our Heavenly Father has allowed me to be with them always.
Sarah, I love you.

I love you like the rain on summer pavement,
Like the fog painting green grass with dew.
I love you like clouds wrapped around the moon,
in luminescent silhouettes sprinkled with stars.
I love you Like the quiet loves the dawn,
And the redwood loves its roots.
I love the purity in your smile.
Like a bow strung gracefully between parenthesis.
Your delicate freckles are kisses from heaven,
each a reminder of a deed with which you've blessed humanity.

I will always love you.

Sorry if that got a little too mushy for anyone. But you all must publicly know, that I am so twitterpated with my eternal sweetheart. Here's to us, and to three years of learning, laughter, and love...









We have cute kids.




4 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

Jon--that was such a sweet post~! What a fun surprise for Sarah! :)

Thank you a MILLION times over for letting your "offspring" come see us! We have had a LOT of CRAZY fun--and I am so happy they are here.

Melinda said...

Very sweet! You handled your week well, though.

Kathy Whittle said...

Jon, what a precious post! Your love for her has always been evident because you treat her like a queen. You are both so lucky to have each other. The pictures are darling too, especially the one with Sarah and Matthew.

Karen said...

Jon, you have shared a wonderful sentiment. Sarah is a very lucky lady.