My sister Rachel came to visit from Ohio at the end of July. Her husband stayed home with the kids so she could come alone. She flew in on Friday night, and after picking her up and dropping the kids off at home with Jon, we went to a little Mexican restaurant near our house for dinner. Yum! Saturday we all went to the beach. We were going to attempt family pictures, but the weather and the kids weren't cooperating. Rachel was able to get some cute pictures anyway, and since we didn't get ANY, all the pictures here are hers. Thanks Rach! Anyway, we spent a little while at the beach exploring the tide pools and then headed home. In the evening Jon took Emma to his parents so she could spend the rest of the weekend there, and Rachel, Matthew, and I took the train to the mall to do a little shopping. We had to run to catch the train going there and coming home and I'm sure it was quite the sight. Two women with an umbrella stroller, a baby, and a bunch of bags running down the sidewalk, across several busy streets, and up a bunch of stairs. We were worn out!




Sunday we were all still exhausted. After church, everybody took naps and then we took a little walk down to the train station for some pictures. It was a nice, relaxing afternoon.

Monday was our big day and Rachel's last day here. Rachel, Matthew, and I went into San Francisco. We were feeling adventurous since we had Rachel's GPS, so we drove through the city instead of taking freeways and were able to see a lot of the city that you usually don't see. We stopped at Alamo Square to see the Full House houses and then drove down Lombard Street, "the crookedest little street". It really is a crazy street, very steep and full of switchbacks.
The Full House houses. I think they're actually called the Painted Ladies.

This is Lombard from the bottom of the street. It is so crooked you can't even see the road, but it is there. :)

After that we went to Fisherman's Wharf and walked around the pier, did a little shopping, and had some lunch. After a little more shopping we were all pretty tired, so we left. We made a quick stop at the Golden Gate Bridge and then went and picked up Emma from Grandma's house. On our way home we stopped at a park to visit with a friend that was in our ward at BYU-I a few years ago. We then finished the drive home, had some dinner, and went to the candy store by our house. It's one of our favorite stores here, but we usually try to go only when we have visitors. So much fun candy!
Rachel at Pier 39

I love this picture Rachel got of the Golden Gate Bridge
Tuesday Rachel flew out in the morning. It was so fun to have her here. I have been spoiled to have so many visitors this summer. I really have enjoyed being able to see everyone.
These are just some pictures of the kids that Rachel took. They turned out so cute!




3 comments:
Hey! Fun to see those again...makes me miss being there so much!
Sorry I didn't post any unique ones...I have been swamped! Hope you understand!!
Those are adorable pictures of your kids! This post makes me hungry for some family fun.
Those are gorgeous pictures! I'm assuming your sister has some professional training?
Sounds like a fun weekend! I am also jealous that you get to have so many visitors. You live in a great place!
Post a Comment