Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

It's hard to believe another year has gone by. Hard to believe we've been married 3 years now. We have had our ups and downs, our challenges and our blessings. It has been a good 3 years! I'm so grateful to have Jon in my life. I'm grateful for the things I've learned and the experiences we've had. Over the last three years we have gone from being just the two of us, trying to get through school to the two of us with two kids, finished with school, trying to make our way in the "real world". Life is good and I feel so blessed. I'm so grateful to Jon, for all that he does for me and for our family. I love you Jon! Happy Anniversary!

The engagement

This was actually taken a couple weeks before we were married. I am so glad we got some pictures taken before because...

we were in a car accident 2 days before our wedding and this is how our wedding pictures turned out. It's hard to let an anniversary pass without reflecting on our accident too. I broke my arm and my face was pretty beat up. Our car was totalled and we had no money. This was NOT how I had planned or expected things to be. While it was a HUGE trial for us, we have learned a lot from it. We started marriage with a lot of extra stresses but it brought us closer together and put a lot of things into perspective for us.



8 comments:

Nicia said...

Oh my gosh...I knew you had gotten in an accident a few days before the wedding, but I didn't realize you had gotten that beat up. What a blessing it was that all it was was a broken arm and a beat up face, you know? Wow. Beautiful pictures though...that was also really awesome you had pictures taken before the actual wedding day...you would have no idea it wasn't the same day (well...you know...if the accident hadn't happened) Happy Anniversary!!

Abby and Greg Christiansen said...

Happy Anniversary Sarah. I can't believe its been three years either.

Rachel Holloway said...

Sarah, happy anniversary! I am such a dud and didn't ever say anything when I talked to you today! Darn me!

I still remember your accident so vividly. I was so scared when mom called and told me. I was so glad you were going to be okay.

And I remember your wedding. For a lot of reasons, really. I was SO proud of you for overcoming such a huge obstacle and being there despite all your injuries.

On a funny side note: I ESPECIALLY remember all the weird German tourists that were taking pictures of you outside the temple. Geesh...

Anyway, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope you guys have a really fun time!

Unknown said...

Happy anniversary! You guys are great together.
I remember you telling me the story of the accident you had on your wedding day...but I had no idea it was so bad! So how did Jon get by without a scratch? How nice that you were able to get some pictures before the big day! They're all beautiful!

Shayla said...

Happy Anniversary! How time flies...

Kathy and Dave Whittle said...

Wow, hard to believe it's been three years! I remember your wedding day, too, and I was SO impressed that you faced the challenges and moved forward with everything as planned. You guys are such a cute couple, and now an awesome little family! Happy Anniversary!

Grandma Danes said...

Congratulations!! The time really does go by so much faster than we think. You have a lovely family.

Karen said...

Happy Anniversary! Time flies, and now that cute couple has grown to a beautiful family.