On Martin Luther King Day, we took advantage of no school, no work, and the gorgeous weather and went to a explore a new beach. Jon has gone on bike rides through Pescadero, but the kids and I had never been, so off we went. The beach was mostly empty and the tide was at it's lowest so there was lots of fun to be had. Jon and the kids spent a couple hours playing in the water, searching for sea shells and rocks. Ellie and I stayed mostly in the sand, digging, snacking, and exploring.
After the beach we headed into the tiny town of Pescadero to explore. We sampled some fresh, local produce and honey and then wandered into the general store where we stumbled upon one of the most amazing creations ever....an herb crusted, artichoke stuffed bread. Heaven! We munched on our treats and then took the long way home while the kids napped. It was a pretty perfect day.
The next weekend Jon was left with the kids while I went out, so they set out on bikes with the bike trailer and went on a long ride along trail by the bay. I'm glad Jon is so adventurous and that the kids got that adventurous spirit from him. They sure love their dad time!
No comments:
Post a Comment