Emma decided several months ago that she wanted to grow her hair out so she could donate it to another kid who lost their hair. We have known several people who have been diagnosed with cancer recently, and finding out that some of them had to lose all of their hair really had a big impact on her.
At first she was really excited to have long, beautiful hair. But the last couple of months have been torture as I've made her brush it every morning. So, she's been begging me for awhile to get an appointment to cut her hair. We finally did it on Monday. She had the minimum 8" to donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, so that's who we went with.
I might have shed a tear or two when they started cutting. I didn't realize I was so attached to her hair!
And she has short hair again! I think she looks so adorable...and much more grown up now!
We walked over to Baskin Robbins for a little mommy/daughter date treat. She picked one of the clown ice cream cones. I have memories of getting these as a kid....I didn't realize they still made them! She thought it was the best thing ever.
I'm so proud of my girl!




1 comment:
Aw, that's so sweet! I remember always wanting one of those clown cones when I was a kid! And I love her darling haircut.
Post a Comment