Ellie is BUSY BUSY BUSY. Crawling, climbing, walking, trying to run. People are often surprised to find out that she's only 10 months because she gets around so well on her own. She is slowly expanding her vocabulary and can now say baba (bottle), ba (bath), ball, dada, mama, ooohh, wow, num num (when she's hungry, is eating something she likes, or sees something she wants to eat). The other day she said "food" loud and clear. Jon and I both looked at each other, stunned, and then laughed. Jon has been trying to get her to say it again, but she just looks at him like he's crazy. :) Ellie's got some cute dance moves that she pulls out every time she hears music. She loves being silly, being tickled, and is starting to love wrestling with Emma and Matthew. Her hair is just long enough for one cute little pony tail on top of her head. I can't wait to be able to do pig tails.
Matthew is becoming much more social. He often walks up to people (that he may or may not know) and informs them that he is a big boy, not a baby. He also likes to tell people that he has two names...Matthew and Buddy. Matthew is his #1 name and Buddy is his "knick knack name". Emma's school had a little art day recently. When Matthew finished his project, someone asked him what his name was. He replied that it was Buddy and Matthew, so they wrote his name as Buddy Matthews. I still laugh about that. Matthew is really into sports. He doesn't care what it is, as long as a ball is involved he's good to go. He still loves preschool, though he really has no interest in anything academic. Maybe by next year?
Emma is growing and changing and learning...and so are we. I don't know if her classmates are rubbing off on her or if this is just a normal phase, but suddenly this girl's got some serious attitude! She can be really sweet still, thankfully. It feels like she's in a "sweet and sour" mode right now. We get one or the other and we never know which one it's going to be. I feel like she's growing up faster than I think...like in my mind she's still a little preschooler. Then I'm completely caught off guard when I hear her do older kid things like singing "bubble gum bubble gum in a dish, how many pieces do you wish" to decide which shirt she wants to wear. I remember singing that in elementary school...she couldn't possibly be old enough to have learned that already! She is doing awesome in gymnastics and loves going. She also recently figured out how to hula hoop. So fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment