Our sweet baby is a week old now....it's hard to believe! This last week has gone so fast and yet it seems like an eternity since all the craziness of last week. We LOVE this little girl. She is so mellow and sleeps A LOT...definitely more than the other two did as newborns. She usually takes two 4-5 hour naps a day and then takes a couple smaller naps. And she has only been waking up about two times at night. It is awesome!
When she is awake, she is very alert and is content to just sit back and take everything in. She is a daddy's girl. If she hears his voice, she starts looking around for him and then locks onto his face. It is so sweet. Matthew loves to be really close to her when she's awake. He is fascinated with her eyes and thinks it's hilarious when she moves her hands and arms. Emma thinks she is the cutest little baby ever and loves holding her.
I feel like the transition with this baby has been the smoothest so far. I feel like we've found our rhythm...like I actually know what I'm doing this time....though that could definitely change once my mom leaves! She has been such a big help cooking meals, cleaning, and playing with and reading to the kids. They have loved having Grandma here and I am SO glad they've had this time to get to know her...we definitely miss that living far away from them.
This has been such a good week. I love this time of newness, of getting to know this little person, and feeling that extra spirit in our home. We love our little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
She is such a cutie!!
So cute! Love her outfit, too...
SO SWEET! I am so glad she's chill right now and you are transitioning smoothly! I am so happy for your family--you are a great mom and she's a lucky little girl to come to your family!
Love the pictures of Emma And Matthew holding Ellie. So cute.
Post a Comment