Emma is growing up so fast. I can't believe she'll be 5 in a few weeks! She has been so excited about starting Kindergarten, until this week. With only 2 more days left of preschool, she's starting to realize that this is the end of life as she knows it. All of her preschool friends will be at different schools and she is really going to miss them. We've been talking about how exciting it will be to get to make new friends at her new school, but I think it will still be hard. They are such a close group.
Emma is really discovering emotions right now. And she can be really dramatic about it! She gets weepy a lot. All of a sudden she misses her grandma or her friend, Andrew or she'll be sad that someone wasn't at preschool or that the fish died. And then she just sits there making herself sob. She usually finishes by saying that a piece of candy or marshmallow is the only thing that help her feel happy. Ha... :) She can also be really sweet and loves to tell us all that she loves us. She loves giving (and getting) hugs and kisses.
It has been fun to see Emma's artistic abilities continue to develop. She loves drawing animals and our family. I love to see the little details she adds to things. She is definitely a much better artist than me!
These first two pictures are dinosaurs.
She later added a heart to this one. So cute!
And this is our family. She drew herself first and me second (we're the two big ones). She even included a "bubble of water that the baby lives in" and drew a little stick figure in there. I wish you could see it better...it's adorable. I also love our spider eyelashes. :) By the time she got to Jon and Matthew she had run out of room, so they are quite a bit smaller. :)
On Memorial Day we took the kids to Golden Gate National Cemetery, a huge veterans cemetery. Emma was fascinated by the size and all the graves. We explained to her why we celebrate Memorial Day and I think she actually understood. I think I often forget what she's capable of understanding and learning. She is a sponge!
Emma LOVES being outside. She and Matthew usually spend most of the day playing in the backyard making up games, digging for treasure, and looking for bugs. Her favorites are roly polies. She says they all love her and are her friends.
Emma also loves her stuffed animals, which she calls her pets. This puppy and bear (which she insists is a cat) have been her favorites for awhile. And don't you just love her outfit? She's got quite the sense of style.
We love this girl!




3 comments:
I love the drawings!! She is so cute.
She is so cute...and very smart! ...what a nice post about your daughter! :)
What a cute girl! I've always thought that though. And her drawings really are impressive. That's so fun that you two went and got pedicures together. It makes me really want Nora to grow up a little so I can do that with her. So now the baby is past due, huh? Hang in there! You're SO close to being done!
Post a Comment