Friday, June 3, 2011

40 Weeks

 40 weeks....still here, still pregnant. This is the first time I have made it to my due date. I much prefer having the baby already when my due date rolls around!

I went to the doctor this morning. I'm "a loose one", close to 2 cm. I'm not surprised, since I'm never dilated early. It all just happens fast when the baby's ready to come. At the appointment, the doctor said that if the baby hasn't come by Thursday they will give me Cytotec. So, I'm just curious...does anyone have any experience with it? I'm a little hesitant to take it, but it would be nice to know this baby will be here by Thursday.

Jon stayed home today....he's been really anxious about this baby coming- mostly just the not knowing when, etc, and hasn't been sleeping the last few nights. So, he decided to just take the day off and get some R&R. So, after the doctor appointment we took the kids to the park....and took the opportunity to snap a 40 week picture. See the "I'm so done" look on my face? Yeah, I'm pretty much done.  :)



 
After the park I took Emma on a mommy daughter date to get pedicures....what better way to spend your due date than being pampered? This was Emma's first time going to a nail salon. They just painted her nails and then painted flowers on her thumbs and big toes. She was LOVING it. She was grinning ear to ear the whole time and kept staring down at her toes and batting her eyelashes as she giggled. Every once in awhile she would look over and say, "Oh Mom, I just LOVE this place. We should definitely come back here again!" It was fun to spend time with her, be pampered, and leave feeling fancy.
 Later Emma went grocery shopping with me and then Jon took Matthew on a little father son date. They went to a Burger King by our house that has this play helicopter.
 
He LOVED it!
 While we're all anxious to have baby Ellie come (Emma asked about 1000 times today why Ellie hadn't come yet), it was SO nice to have today, to spend one on one time with each of the kids, to hold onto this phase of our lives a little bit longer.

3 comments:

Nicki said...

The waiting at the end is killer. I guess you're just cooking an extra-special baby. Good luck with the delivery - we can't wait to meet Ellie!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

You look adorable, all cute and prego!

Hope this little person decides to come sooner rather than later- Those end weeks are killers! (I hated answering the phone, for fear I'd be answering the same old question "did you have the baby yet?" and me just answering with a growl.)
Hope you have an awesome delivery and quick labor :)

Rachel Holloway said...

I seriously can't wait to get the call! SOOO excited for you--and I say you spent your due date day the PERFECT way (WELL, THE 2ND perfect way!)