Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Getting Ready for Baby

 After Matthew, we got rid of pretty much all of our baby stuff...which honestly wasn't much. Most of it we bought secondhand and it wasn't worth holding onto and we had a couple borrowed things. So, we were definitely in need of a few things for this baby. We don't have a huge budget, so I was really excited when I saw several stores clearancing out all of last year's baby items this month. I waited and watched for prices to drop and in the end we were SO blessed. We ended up getting everything we needed (and maybe a couple things that we didn't  :)  ) for super cheap. I LOVE a good deal and am super excited, so I had to share.

 My most exciting find...this Chicco carseat. This carseat is top rated...has all the extra safety cushioning and support and super cool features. It also has a $180 price tag. I saw this seat at Toys R Us marked down to $90. It was still a little more than I wanted to pay so I asked an employee if there were any coupons out that I could use with it. He checked and said there weren't any but that he would give it to me for $55 if I wanted to take it right then. Sweet! So I grabbed it and went to the register. When he rang it up, the system automatically gave me an additional 20% off, bringing the price down to a whopping $44!!! We were planning on buying a bare bones Graco seat for $90, but this one is better (better safety ratings and just an all around cushier seat) AND ended up being half the price. Huge blessing! And the moral to this story...never be afraid to ask for extra discounts. You never know what they'll give you! I have done this several times and more often than not they are more than happy to lower the price for me.

I found everything else at Target, marked down 50-75%. So, for the bouncer, crib set, portable bassinet/swing thing, and Bebe Pod I only spent $62. So, together WITH the carseat we only spent a little over $100. Not bad considering full price it all would have been about $350! And the crazy thing is I paid the same or less for these items as they are all selling for used on Craigslist! So, we feel incredibly blessed! And we feel incredibly prepared...haha...I know I still have 18 1/2 weeks till my due date (but who's counting?) and in the past I haven't even started looking at buying things this early, but when the deal's there I can't pass it up. :)
So, we are basically ready for this little one to come...just need a name and some more clothes (our newborn and 0-3 month stuff has somehow disappeared!) and then we'll be set. I am getting so excited!

5 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

HOORAY for all your great deals! You're the queen of finding them! :) And super excited for your carseat--even if it did ruin our big surprise! lol. (you know I'm kidding!)

Melinda said...

Sweet deals!! I love how cutesy-girly everything is! My sis-in-law and I were doing her baby registry the day things were being changed out (bad day to go, for that) but she walked out of there with cool things, too. Yeah, end of season sales!

Jake & Lisa Danes said...

We have the same crib bedding. Ashley picked it up for me. Bless her heart!!!! But they wouldn't clearance the bouncers. I had my eye on the same one that you got and they wouldn't budge at my Target. Ashley's Target had it at 17 but she didn't think I needed it so when she found out I did and went back it was back up to full price!!!! No fun! Good deals though!!!

Karen said...

Great deals and wonderful to feel ready! I need your address to send some things I got on clearance at our "Sweet Pea" (2nd hand) kids place here in Tooele. You can e mail me at bkreid(underscore)idatmsndotcom. I scored with onesies @ 4/$1.00

Esther said...

I really thought I returned the infant clothes, I hope it wasn't because of us that they disappeared. Totally awesome that you got all those sweet deals though. And it is kind of fun that they are girly. I love girl stuff.