Friday, January 21, 2011

Looking Forward

Friday night...hooray! I am so looking forward to this weekend. We have absolutely nothing planned...though we may take an impromptu trip to the beach. Who knows? I love weekends like this. I love spending time as a family. And I love having lazy days together...or at least unscheduled days...when we may just play in the backyard or decide to go ride the train or pack up for a day at the beach. It definitely helps me re-coupe for the coming week.

This week has been absolutely gorgeous. Sunny and 60's. Perfect t-shirt weather. While making my shopping list today, I realized that watermelon season was just around the corner....and then I realized that it really isn't. Sure does feel like it should be. I have to keep reminding myself that it really is January still. I can definitely live with this weather though!

The kids have been on a big MacGyver kick lately. We introduced them to the show a few months ago and Emma is obsessed. Matthew is just starting to get into it. They like to play MacGyver together. Matthew is always MacGyver and Emma alternates between being the bad guy (usually with a thick Western accent) and his friend who's helping hiim get a snake out of his house. It's pretty hilarious. And Jon is one proud dad.  :)

Matthew has gone through several little growth spurts lately...hooray! He definitely looks bigger and he is FINALLY starting to grow into his 2T clothes. He's also finally made it into size 4 diapers...which he will hopefully be done with soon. Hoping...  He is definitely a strong willed little guy. He knows the whole go-to-the-bathroom routine, but you can't make him if he's got it in his mind that he doesn't want to. This morning I got him to sit on the toilet, but he told me he couldn't make pee until he had Smarties, because Smarties make pee. Sure enough, as soon as he had them, he did his thing. So, I'm hoping he comes around before June. Really, really hoping. He also loves doing whatever Emma is doing and he repeats pretty much everything she says. It's like there's a constant echo in our house...makes me laugh.

And Emma...I love the age Emma is at. She has such a big imagination. She's helpful. She understands the rules and wants to follow them. She's also a good little mom, and loves to make sure Matthew is doing everything he should be doing, which he doesn't always appreciate.  :)  She is getting SO excited for Kindergarten. I still can't believe she's going to be in Kindergarten. There's no way she's old enough! I think she will love it though. She's excited to have homework...though I don't think she fully understands what it is :), and she's excited to go to the school with the fun playground. Her most recent obsession has been writing letters. She will fill pages and pages of random letters that are either letters to people, books, or newspapers, and then she will read them to anyone willing to listen.

Pregnancy has started to get better. Morning sickness is tapering off and my energy is starting to come back. I think baby is going through a growth spurt though, because I am HUNGRY all the time! I have been feeling her move more and more...though definitely not as much as I felt the other two. The placenta is anterior (in the front) this time, so apparently it is acting as a little pillow for her movements, and I don't feel as much. But I love that I am feeling those little kicks...this is definitely my favorite part of pregnancy. I'm 21 weeks today...over halfway! Hooray!

A family moved in around the corner from us recently. They happen to go to our church AND have 2 kids who are about Emma and Matthew's ages. They are also expecting a baby right after us. It has been so fun getting to know them...to have impromptu play dates when the afternoon is getting long, to be able to get together for dinner when our husbands are both working late, to be able to do babysitting swaps for doctor appointments and dates without having to drive the kids anywhere. We are absolutely loving it. We couldn't have asked for better neighbors and friends. I feel so blessed.

And that is life in a nutshell right now. It is good....really good.

1 comment:

Rachel Holloway said...

I always love these update posts. Glad you are feeling better-- :)

So jealous of your awesome neighbor situation! Sounds like the perfect setup.

And I TOTALLY can't wait for watermelon season! mmmm.....craving that tons, and I am not even pregnant!