Saturday morning Jon took Emma to the Lowe's free building clinic. They built these cute little birdhouses. Emma was SO excited for it all week but when they got there she just wanted to watch. I promised her she could paint the house when we got home and she couldn't wait. This was probably her favorite part. She insisted on painting the house green, so it's camoflauged nicely in our tree. :)
The finished product, ready to go in the tree.
Lowe's also gives each kid their own apron and they get a patch for each project they do. I wish I had known about these classes earlier. It is so fun.
The finished product, ready to go in the tree.Lowe's also gives each kid their own apron and they get a patch for each project they do. I wish I had known about these classes earlier. It is so fun.

We were going to give the kids their Easter baskets on Saturday, but Emma saw the presents and I just couldn't wait to give them to them so they got them earlier in the week and we just didn't do any real baskets. They are young enough that they don't know the difference.
We gave Emma a couple of games. She LOVES the fishing game, though she usually makes us play and then she ends up just watching.
Matthew got these mega blocks. I was so excited because I had been looking at them in the store and they were about $30, but I found these on Craigslist for $5! Matthew was pretty excited too.

Saturday afternoon we went to Jon's parents house to spend another weekend with them. The weather was gorgeous and we were able to spend a lot of time outside.
Matthew really wanted to get ahold of their cat, but she wouldn't let him get too close. Cats must have a sixth sense about babies, because she runs when she sees Matthew, but she doesn't mind Emma touching her. She ran right after I took this picture.


Sunday we colored eggs and Jon's family did a little egg hunt for Emma and Jon's youngest sister. Emma had fun finding eggs.

We tried to show Matthew some eggs, but he just wanted to eat rocks (doesn't he look so guilty here???)
and play with his train
It was a great weekend. I love this time of year!


8 comments:
Cute! My little siblings used to do those classes (I think at Home Depot, though, not at Lowe's), and we always had tons of wooden projects laying around the house. I can't wait for Owen to be old enough for me to take him.
Looks like you guys had a great Easter. I'm jealous of the sunshine in your pictures - it got cold here again and it's snowing. :( Oh well. Thanks for the update. Have a great week!
Looks like fun. Emma is growing up so much...and Matthew too. Savannah is always trying to eat rocks too. It must be the age.
Aren't those classes so fun? It looks like you had a great Easter. Super fun stuff!!
Looks like you had a nice Easter!
Fun Easter. I let the girls have their dresses early, too...I can't wait for anything, evidently. Cute pictures, and I really need to get on the Lowe's bandwagon!
I grew up with the fishing game and LOVED it, so I can't blame Emma.
What a fun Easter! I have seen those workshops at Lowe's, but I always assumed they cost money or that you had to be older to do them. Now I know! Thanks for the tip!
That looks like a lot of fun. That is awesome that you found the mega blocks for so cheap. The weather looks beautiful. Oh how I wish it were warm.
Post a Comment