Thursday, December 11, 2008

Lots of Updates

I am finally getting around to posting again, so this is going to be a random, lots of stuff post.

The first two pictures are at the Coyote Point Museum. We met up with a couple of our friends on the free day and had a blast.

Emma and Ella loved turning the handles to make waves.

Emma learned about polar opposites while playing with these magnets. Try as she might, she just couldn't get them to stick together.

On Saturday we all went to the Randall Museum in San Francisco. It is a free children's museum that is small, but fun. They had a professional bubble blower (who knew that was a real profession???) which was really cool. He blew the bubbles with nothing but his hands. He also used several other wands and even put kids in bubbles.

All the little white dots are bubbles. I think this picture looks cool.

When we went, they also had several workshops where the kids could make gingerbread houses, candles, candle holders, and soap. We made the gingerbread house. Emma did most of the decorating herself.

And of course, she had to taste some of the candy. I was impressed with how much actually made it onto the house.


This is also at the museum. You can build your duplo block tower and then push a button that makes the green board shake, simulating an earthquake.

This is the toy room at the museum. We love it. Tons of new toys and books. Great fun.


The view from the museum.

Saturday night we went to our ward's Christmas party. They did a great job. They had an open air market where we got our dinner and then they had everyone sit on blankets to eat. We forgot our blanket but luckily Matthew brought his and was willing to share. :)
At the end of the party, they acted out the nativity. They did a great job.

And...last but not least...we finally got some Christmas decorations up last week. We don't have much, but we have enough to make it feel Christmasy and cozy. We have a ledge around our living room where the wall meets the ceiling so we hung lights all around the living room. We also got a small fake tree, our first since we've been married. I love this time of year.
Jon took a sick day today and stayed home with us. Since Matthew started teething, he's been really hit or miss with eating and hasn't really been sleeping at all. My body didn't do well with the change and I ended up with some nursing problems. So, he stayed home to help out and let me get some much needed rest. It was great to have him here. He took Emma out on a little daddy daughter date this morning. They got some Christmas shopping done, played on the toys at the mall, and went to the candy store. Emma was really needing some one-on-one time, so I'm glad they could go.

Matthew continues to surprise us with what he can do. Just in the last couple of weeks he has been scooting a lot more. He'll scoot backwards and in circles when he's on his tummy and he has also started scooting across the floor on his bottom. He can also pull himself up onto his knees when he's holding onto something and will pull himself into standing position when he's holding onto one of us. He is such a busy little guy.

We are looking forward to Christmas and to having Jon home for the week. Only 1 more week!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

What a fun bunch of tidbits! Sounds like the bubble place was cool...a toddler's dream come true! Part of me wishes that Lizzie would get on and teethe, but here we are, 8 1/2 mo and NADA. Well, here's hoping that Matthew's come in soon and you all get some food and sleep!

Nicki said...

I LOVE Emma's face in the magnet picture. So funny. We can't wait to see you guys.

Nicki said...

Oh, and I just saw Emma's new quote about baby Jesus - hilarious. :)

Kathy Whittle said...

Fun to catch up with your post. I love the picture of Emma laughing with the gingerbread house - we are STILL carrying on that tradition every year.... Time flies when a baby isn't your own! I can't believe all that Matthew is doing now. I hope you're feeling better soon!

Shayla said...

so random, I've never heard of people putting kids in bubbles before, but I SAW it last week, and here you are posting about it. I knew we were friends for a reason! :)

Larsen's said...

A Professional Bubble Blower?!?! Oh, wow, now I know what my Amber can do for a living! She loves bubble-stuff. I don't know if you can see it, but here is my blog post on her and bubbles..

http://candmlarsen.blogspot.com/2008_07_01_archive.html

(scroll down)

That was a great update! Your girls are so cute...

Rachel Holloway said...

Ya...your GIRLS are so cute. HAHA....

JK

What a fun catchup post. Not Ketchup...but kind of like it. :) Hmmm...I am feeling a little loopy. Don't think I slept enough last night. :0

What fun places you have found there. I am so glad! Hhopefully we can make the trip out as a family sometime and have all those fun places to see!